Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Any of you guys heard the Audio Note DAC 5 (UK)?

Ive owned the AN DAC 5 S easily bested the competition in it's day-super smooth with finesse and clarity without the "Digititus" prevalent in an excuse for excessive detail

that behest similar products in the Digital forefront.

The DAC 5 was supreme in its Class.

Maybe not up to some of the latest creations evolving today that come with fancy bits and inputs/etc/etc--seems the rest might have caught up:p

I'd still take it over 99% of the current market crop anyway:D

BruceD

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Got a call from Lukasz this evening. If everything goes according to plan I will receive a new Pacific dac (with the new ‘official’ chassis) next Friday. By then I will also have a visitor (will not yet disclose the name) who still stay a couple of days at my place and who is going to help me me out with the audio systems. Hopefully there are lying some very exciting ‘audio days’ ahead.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Got a call from Lukasz this evening. If everything goes according to plan I will receive a new Pacific dac (with the new ‘official’ chassis) next Friday. By then I will also have a visitor (will not yet disclose the name) who still stay a couple of days at my place and who is going to help me me out with the audio systems. Hopefully there are lying some very exciting ‘audio days’ ahead of me.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Got a call from Lukasz this evening. If everything goes according to plan I will receive a new Pacific dac (with the new ‘official’ chassis) next Friday. By then I will also have a visitor (will not yet disclose the name) who still stay a couple of days at my place and who is going to help me me out with the audio systems. Hopefully there are lying some very exciting ‘audio days’ ahead.

I'm excited to hear your feedback on the Pacific and congrats, I sure liked it at RMAF.

and say hello to your visitor for me. :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Got a call from Lukasz this evening. If everything goes according to plan I will receive a new Pacific dac (with the new ‘official’ chassis) next Friday. By then I will also have a visitor (will not yet disclose the name) who still stay a couple of days at my place and who is going to help me me out with the audio systems. Hopefully there are lying some very exciting ‘audio days’ ahead of me.

Congrats Rudolph. Looking forward to your impressions against your GG!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Congrats Rudolph. Looking forward to your impressions against your GG!

Thanks Bill. Give me some time but I will definately give my feedback to all of you. The unit is brand new and will need at least a couple of days.

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

Congrats !

Is that Jim Smith ?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Ouch..it's so hard to wait till the review comes out. LOL..be quick, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.. :)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Any additional comments from your side, Lee? Thanks for the link.

I thought it sounded superb. The Salk speakers and Lampi amps coupled with the DAC sounded great. It was tough to tell how the Pacific compared with the Golden Gate as I had not heard it in a while but the high resolving yet smooth sound signature of the Lampi gear I have heard seemed to be there. It looked amazing with the tubes towering over the gold metal work.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing