Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I can't wait to get ours

You're in for a real treat Leif.

Here's another I came across:

http://theaudiobeatnik.com/axpona-2018-show-report-2-more-product-debuts-and-first-finds/

In one of the two Daedalus Audio rooms that contained much more expensive products, I was surprised to find the ZOTL Ultralinear. Daedalus was debuting the completed version of their Apollo 11 speakers. Also in the room was the Lampizator Pacific DAC at $30,000, the Lampizator Super Komputer music server at $8,500. The soon to be released MicroZOTL Preamp and the monoblock version of the ZOTL Ultralinear power amps retail at $6,800. Even in a system that cost nearly $70,000, the little ZOTL Ultralinear really showed off its potential.

I love the sound of the Daedalus speakers. This system was as musical as any system at the show. I wish I could have listened longer, but what I heard was in a word superb!

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Not sure what happened but I feel like being in the dark. After the RMAF 2017 launching until today, there is no user experience nor review. I can only read two details article from hifiknights so far. On Facebook, there were some pictures like new gold finish screws, pictures of RK version of KR tubes, short announcement about the shipment of Pacific before holiday. I start to wonder if this model was prematurely launched last year. :(

http://theaudiobeatnik.com/axpona-2018-show-report-2-more-product-debuts-and-first-finds/

In one of the two Daedalus Audio rooms that contained much more expensive products, I was surprised to find the ZOTL Ultralinear. Daedalus was debuting the completed version of their Apollo 11 speakers. Also in the room was the Lampizator Pacific DAC at $30,000, the Lampizator Super Komputer music server at $8,500. The soon to be released MicroZOTL Preamp and the monoblock version of the ZOTL Ultralinear power amps retail at $6,800. Even in a system that cost nearly $70,000, the little ZOTL Ultralinear really showed off its potential.

I love the sound of the Daedalus speakers. This system was as musical as any system at the show. I wish I could have listened longer, but what I heard was in a word superb!

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I've had my Pacific DAC for almost two weeks now and continue to be astonished by the dramatic upgrade it is from my Golden Gate DAC (used a Big 7 DAC before the GG). The GG is absolutely top-notch but the Pacific goes way beyond that: even deeper, clearer bass response, richer textural quality to the music... if music was a fabric, it would shimmer and sparkle in the sunlight of the Pacific, not in an artificial way, but showing the subtle nuances and depths of colors, the fine texture of the weave, and the nature of the materials used. Enough chatting for now, I'm going back for more...

Did you see this one posted a couple of weeks back? I've been in communication with him (Christopher in Oregon) and he's been really loving how it matures.

There are presently 7 Pacifics (including my own) in North America and 3 more should be making their way over after Munich this weekend--unfortunately many of the early adopters aren't forum posters.

Al D. in New York will be posting a comprehensive review on the Pacific. He's had it in house for the last 3 weeks and is putting it through it's paces with an assortment of tubes: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?25343-Lampi-pacific-in-the-House

Caelin got his a couple weeks ago and will hopefully fill us in on some impressions shortly as well. I got some flattering notes from the guys at Shunyata on his unit.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I have two close friends who are now in Munich. They sent me pictures of Pacific side by side with Super Komputer in silver finish, and a pair of Lampizator monoblock amps. I asked them how was it? They both told me, the exhibition hall is an open space for this setup. Can not hear the system properly, very noisy. One said..awful.. :(

I believe it would be a totally different case if placed in a dedicated listening room. :)

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I have two close friends who are now in Munich. They sent me pictures of Pacific side by side with Super Komputer in silver finish, and a pair of Lampizator monoblock amps. I asked them how was it? They both told me, the exhibition hall is an open space for this setup. Can not hear the system properly, very noisy. One said..awful.. :(

I believe it would be a totally different case if placed in a dedicated listening room. :)

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have many friends there as well. It’s an open area as such not a place to hear it well.
To post ones thoughts of it being awful is wrong to do given the location. Was the correct intention to mean it was awful where it was ? If so please clarify the comment. I have one here playing now heavenly is a far better simplistic conclusion from my room.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
I am just repeating what my friend told me, see my last paragraph. I believe it would be a totally different case if placed in a dedicated listening room. Just like yours.

I have many friends there as well. It’s an open area as such not a place to hear it well.
To post ones thoughts of it being awful is wrong to do given the location. Was the correct intention to mean it was awful where it was ? If so please clarify the comment. I have one here playing now heavenly is a far better simplistic conclusion from my room.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Munich is a trade show...not a consumer show. Rooms suck and not a place to do any real audition.

Warsaw is the show to go to in order to hear outstanding setups. They have 50 TV studio rooms at the stadium.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Man it’s just not cool on any level it’s not about me owning lampinor Msb or any ausio prodict it’s a misleading comment and you know it. How about an edit to fix it it’s really not cool. Do you hate lampi ? If so I get it but if not it’s a deep seeded malicious comment

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
It has been too silent for too long. I am at the stage of wait-and-see before upgrading my GG Balanced to Pacific Balanced. Once I knew some friends are there, I asked them to find the Pacific and have a short listening session and let me know what they think. Don't worry..all of my friends there are audio importers. They are fully aware of the show condition. People may have their own styles in describing a situation. And because they're importers, they have very limited time to cover everything as detailed as a regular customer has.

Munich is a trade show...not a consumer show. Rooms suck and not a place to do any real audition.

Warsaw is the show to go to in order to hear outstanding setups. They have 50 TV studio rooms at the stadium.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I am going to be posting opening comments of my review very soon. It will be very detailed and honest I am not a pro reviewer so owe no one lanything. but lampi owners
I have 12 recti rolls and I lost count of output tubes all have been rolled in place with notes. Perhaps the most detailed tube roll to date on a lampi. Just hang ina bit longer.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Hate? Okay..my last comment came later than you posted this one. Fully understandable. But one 'awful' word I typed impressed you that I hate Lampi, is a bit overreacting. I know that Lampizator is like a cult to some people. Thou shalt not speak of my name.

And in this case, I trust my friend's ear..at this show he heard it sounded awful because of the room conditions. People who read my comment thoroughly will understand that there's no point for me to mislead anyone here. As Wisnon mentioned it earlier: Rooms suck and not a place to do any real audition.

Man it’s just not cool on any level it’s not about me owning lampinor Msb or any ausio prodict it’s a misleading comment and you know it. How about an edit to fix it it’s really not cool. Do you hate lampi ? If so I get it but if not it’s a deep seeded malicious comment

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Great!!! I have been waiting for user's experience. As mentioned earlier, I could only read it from hifiknights, not user's experience. My GG comes with Kron KR 274B and 2 pairs of PX-4. I purchased a Takatsuki 274B as the recti..Now waiting for Pacific with KR 300B RK.

I am going to be posting opening comments of my review very soon. It will be very detailed and honest I am not a pro reviewer so owe no one lanything. but lampi owners
I have 12 recti rolls and I lost count of output tubes all have been rolled in place with notes. Perhaps the most detailed tube roll to date on a lampi. Just hang ina bit longer.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lukasz didn't get a room. They are outside in a hallway more show than listen. I didn't even bother

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Yes..that's what my friends told me, it's an open space. Too noisy to listen to it.

This makes very little sense to me. The whole Lampi cult is clamoring for information on the Pacific that is way overdue, the show finally arrives and he sets up in a hallway???? Why would Lucasz do such a thing?

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
This makes very little sense to me. The whole Lampi cult is clamoring for information on the Pacific that is way overdue, the show finally arrives and he sets up in a hallway???? Why would Lucasz do such a thing?

Likely on account of the sizeable costs of exhibiting in Munich.

Last edited:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Great!!! I have been waiting for user's experience. As mentioned earlier, I could only read it from hifiknights, not user's experience. My GG comes with Kron KR 274B and 2 pairs of PX-4. I purchased a Takatsuki 274B as the recti..Now waiting for Pacific with KR 300B RK.

There has been about 3 or 4 user experience reports, but most as email copy paste. Unfortunately the first few have gone hibernating like beers with their Pacs.

I can assure you that from the rumble I am hearing that the Pac is a game changer. Unfortunately better than I wanted to hear. I dont want any excuse to change from the GG. Sobs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing