Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophile Bill View Post
    Congrats Rudolph. Looking forward to your impressions against your GG!
    Thanks Bill. Give me some time but I will definately give my feedback to all of you. The unit is brand new and will need at least a couple of days.
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 10-10-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Got a call from Lukasz this evening. If everything goes according to plan I will receive a new Pacific dac (with the new ‘official’ chassis) next Friday. By then I will also have a visitor (will not yet disclose the name) who still stay a couple of days at my place and who is going to help me me out with the audio systems. Hopefully there are lying some very exciting ‘audio days’ ahead.
    Congrats !

Is that Jim Smith ?
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202 / D'Agostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Congrats !

Is that Jim Smith ?
    Jim Smith?

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    Jim Smith?
    Jim Smith is a room and system set up guru, well known and has helped a number of WBF members.

and no, it's not Jim.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

My colleague Rafe and I both covered the Lampizator room. Here is his report.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...dac-in-denver/
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Any additional comments from your side, Lee? Thanks for the link.

Scratching my head:

Weight 20 kg net, (50 lb) 30 kg (70 lb) shipping gross (ships in the flight case)

I think GG is even heavier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Ouch..it's so hard to wait till the review comes out. LOL..be quick, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..

Got a call from Lukasz this evening. If everything goes according to plan I will receive a new Pacific dac (with the new ‘official’ chassis) next Friday. By then I will also have a visitor (will not yet disclose the name) who still stay a couple of days at my place and who is going to help me me out with the audio systems. Hopefully there are lying some very exciting ‘audio days’ ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrox View Post
    Ouch..it's so hard to wait till the review comes out. LOL..be quick, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee..
    Will do my best😉

Any additional comments from your side, Lee? Thanks for the link.
    I thought it sounded superb. The Salk speakers and Lampi amps coupled with the DAC sounded great. It was tough to tell how the Pacific compared with the Golden Gate as I had not heard it in a while but the high resolving yet smooth sound signature of the Lampi gear I have heard seemed to be there. It looked amazing with the tubes towering over the gold metal work.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast