Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

Pacific dac: Lampizator's new top of the line dac

The thread of Lampi's Golden Gate dac has been (for me anyway) very informative, interesting and fun. However, Lukasz is on the brink of launching a new top of the line dac called Pacific. According to Lukasz the new Pacific dac will be extraordinary and he believes that it can compete with the 'big guns', including dacs that are much more expensive such as Mike's select dac. Well, who knows?

If everything goes according to plan I will be able to listen to and test the new Pacific dac in my Tidal LA/Kondo set up in about three-four weeks time. Really looking forward to that (and actually a few things more but I will keep the latter to myself until I know for sure what these new developments have brought me, sonically speaking).

A few of our members have undoubtedly received some (inside) info on the new Pacific dac. Hopefully they can share some of this already with all of us. So therefore I have opened a new thread on this promising new top dac from Lampizator. I hope this new thread will be as informative and interesting as the GG thread.
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 09-09-2017 at 02:56 AM.

And of course: let's have fun with it as well.

Beastie with seven exposed tubes and heat sinks .. Should be fun indeed.
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhead View Post
    Beastie with seven exposed tubes and heat sinks .. Should be fun indeed.
    Yep .. it is gong to be a real 'big boy' ... fun and very interesting ....

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    I think it will be 3 exposed tubes. The other 4 tubes are part of the redesigned Power supply system. What I heard is that the CHASSIS height will be 50 to 100% taller than a GG.
    Stacore feet, new front panel display giving playback rate readout, metal remote control, new clocks, and most importantly a major uplift in SQ.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    I think it will be 3 exposed tubes. The other 4 tubes are part of the redesigned Power supply system. What I heard is that the CHASSIS height will be 50 to 100% taller than a GG.
    Stacore feet, new front panel display giving playback rate readout, metal remote control, new clocks, and most importantly a major uplift in SQ.
    And also a dedicated grounding binding post as Lukasz has been impressed by what grounding is bringing to the audio table.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Anyone know the output section design? Same kind of DHT outs as the GG?
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Anyone know the output section design? Same kind of DHT outs as the GG?
    Cannot really answer your question but Lampizator has totally redesigned and improved the tube stage calling it "active triode loading". Futhermore the Pacific will employ a new tube heating scheme that is apparently more quiet and more precise than the GG dac.

Hopefully we can find out soon how all this - including quite a lot of other changes in the design - translates into sound quality.

Exposed copper heat sink in Superkomputer is one of my beloved design features in modern audio, along with exposed tubes in BIG7/GG line. Looking forward to see and hear Pacific too.
    Isn't it that Pacific, with its size and heat sinks incorporates streaming abilities from Superkomputer and so, has ethernet RJ45 input ?

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trab View Post
    Exposed copper heat sink in Superkomputer is one of my beloved design features in modern audio, along with exposed tubes in BIG7/GG line. Looking forward to see and hear Pacific too.
    Isn't it that Pacific, with its size and heat sinks incorporates streaming abilities from Superkomputer and so, has ethernet RJ45 input ?
    I think the Ethernet input, built in roon renderer, and a new chip that will be much better will be added to multiple Lampi models, and the GG too has a new circuit, so most models should face an overhaul. As Sujay reported, he also has a high gain and low gain setting on his Big 7 now. Where Pacific gets the add on from these features is the added new 4 tubes in the power supply, much bigger sink and power supply, and possibly even an enhanced 4 output tubes (2 pairs in series). Did hear that Luaksz thinks existing users have not heard what DHTs are capable of yet. There will be special DHTs too - if you see the difference between a normal KR or EML 45 and the special EML 45s, that will be done for many other tubes, specially designed for the Lampi. I don't think it should make a difference whether you run it with the Superkomuter or not except where you want to use the built-in roon renderer (in which case you need the roon controller on another computer which in this case can be the SK).
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast