Torqueo ordered

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
They like Saec arm and think a good partner with their TT
I think for them is more a service than a business because buy old but only perfect Saec second hand and refurbish like new changing the knife from a jewelry and told the sound is little better than the original after their refurbish

They have in stock 3 308 L and are selling at euro 1.800/1.600 while the 506 sell at 3.500 euro all without discount and for 506 needs 3 months at least
They prefer this to Ikea,Ortolan and FR 64

But i never saw and listen Saec and i don't know

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, what's the difference between the SAEC 308 and 506 arms?
I've emailed your contact, awaiting reply.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
They told me 506 is better,more dynamic and with better bass and body

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The 506 told me has more dynamic and has better bass and body

I don't received mail from you

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, Email sent to Oscar, looking fwds to his reply.
For the first time in my upgrading Im getting consistently amazing results from digital, simple RBCD, and my next phase of analog optimisation is my most complex ever.
First I have to make sure I'm getting the most from my current analog.
Hence the investment in Stacore isoln, and bespoke psu to Straingauge cart, plus Soundsmith highest level mods to the cart.
My analog needs to keep up w my digital.
If a quality gap, I look at alternatives incl the Torqueo, and other idlers like PTP, DDs like Primary Control Kinea, GPA Parabolica and maybe new SP-10R, and a belt drive for good measure, Kuzma Stabi M.
For the first time in my analog upgrading, my measure to compare it is not other analog, but my over performing digital.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Gian,

The SAEC WE 506/30 is a brilliant tonearm, very very clean sound, controlled across all frequencies and with good tight bass. They are excellently engineered pieces that do allow you into the music.. I use mine for 2 years, but only so far with Art 9, I need a better cart soon, but even so, sound is excellent. (Sony TTS 8000 DD). Previously I used SME Series IV, and SAEC is cleaner, purer, beautiful sound. I also rewired with new copper (with much care and a steady hand).

Regarding set up, I chose to not use SAEC guide as they steer twards Stevenson, but made a CAD drawing and have a very good set up close to Baerwald, which I have laser cut into clear acrylic. I can send you the file if you would like to try it.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Also; AS 600E heavyweight nut is worth using with 506, it adds real stability and focus.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, am in ongoing contact w Oscar.
I'm v impressed that such a bespoke, well engineered tt can be had at such a good price.
---
Paul, further to our chat today, good to hear you fully rate the SAEC 506, and can offer the rewire/setup service for me if I go down this path.
---
This solution ticks a lot of my boxes, exceptional engineering with full personality of the designer/chief engineer, at Real World price.
Loving what I'm learning about Torqueo.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, have found some more archive photos of the Torqueo and SAEC.
TBH, I'm a sucker for Old School craftsmanship, and it looks like the Torqueo has a lot of that Sonus Faber level of furniture making care and attention.
Additionally the SAEC 506 looks an absolute beast.
In my virtual shortlist of final final tt upgrade, the Torqueo based on first impressions is gently rising into pole position.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Gian, have found some more archive photos of the Torqueo and SAEC.
TBH, I'm a sucker for Old School craftsmanship, and it looks like the Torqueo has a lot of that Sonus Faber level of furniture making care and attention.
Additionally the SAEC 506 looks an absolute beast.
In my virtual shortlist of final final tt upgrade, the Torqueo based on first impressions is gently rising into pole position.

You can also get SAEC WE-8000

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
SAEC WE 506/30 tonearm:

sony-tts-8000-11.jpg

Last edited:

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Yes, WE 8000 is rare used and very expensive when one does surface..

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Paul, is that your Sony tt w the SAEC 506?
I feel like I've stumbled on a lovely serendipity coming across this tonearm.
It seems like it was a real workhorse in the good ol days of broadcast record playing when absolute precision and repeatable performance was the order of the day.
If Torqueo have rescued it, taken it on, and you can help me install it here on one of their tts, this could be quite the discovery.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Yes Marc, that is my TT. And you sumarise the 506 perfectly, certainly built to last. Mine is nearly 40 years old :)

The arm base is mounted only on the 2nd layer of acrylic, and only contacts the top and bottom layer by 5 small 'O' rings, providing some isolation, but the TTS 8000 is an excellent design and is very smooth and silent when spinning. It is dynamic, but I do want to use a better cart as I said..

sony-tts-8000-14.jpg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I know Halcro, I have studiously gone through many of your old posts on various forums :). I know you liked Zyx best on the Grandezza, but what did you think of Zyx on this or the FR 66 especially for classical?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
One news,

Torqueo is doing a new top Turntable very big and with the table,like one studer A 80,with 2 idlers.
They are not sure if will be a top TT and doesn't know the final price but are studying

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Congrats Gian,

Mine should be here next week. But with RMAF I wont get to play with it too much until after that show

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks,
i see you are distributor also for Etsuro,
can you tell us the sound of this cartridge and if you compared with other top cartridges?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing