Torqueo ordered

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Joshua, can I ask how you find the sound of the Torqueo so far?
There is no UK distrbr (so far), and so abs no chance of hearing this tt w'out travelling to the one or two European countries that deal with Torqueo, and that's obv not very practical.
I'm very much in tune w the idler sound running a rim drive tt and having heard good results w modded Garrards and Lencos.
So, I think I'd get on w the Torqueo, but we'd all benefit from first hand experiences of the table.
I'm assuming w the name Torqueo, this is a high torque design as w all other idlers?

got your email, but due to my schedule I will circle back with you after RMAF

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
TK-850L-1_-1.jpg
0300050000052.jpg

Just ordered a torqueo idler this week as a dedicated Mono rig with new 12inch Jelco tonearm TK knife bearings with a Nasotec SPU swing headhell & Spu Mono & will swap out for Stereo with a London Reference always wanted a " Classic Idler Rig "

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
That will be a very nice set up, congrats!

I would be very interested to hear how well the London Reference works with the Nasotec, but I don't want to derail Gian's thread so I'll start one specifically for this headshell..

Rgds,
Paul.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Instead is interesting because if on Torqueo we put Koetsu arm,FR 64 or 66,Jelco,Ikeda,Saec,all these tonearms you can change the headshell,so are very interesting the experiences of everyone

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hi Gian, any news of yr Marsala?
My interest in Torqueo cooled when it became apparent it wasn't possible to audition their tt ahead of potential purchase.
But I'm still v interested in yr impressions.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Marsala will arrive end of this year
Next week i will receive the T Base,26 kg the weight,that i will put at the moment under the Schopper

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Today arrived the T Base
Very good delivery box and very well done,seems has no vibration if you touch,i will put under the Schopper until when will arrive turntable,in jenuary

IMG_1845.jpg
IMG_1846.jpg
IMG_1847.jpg

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Have you enjoyed the t-base under your 124?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Eric,
The T base,looks very good,solid and very heavy,26 kg.
The sound of TD 124 change a lot,bass more deep and less confusion in mid bass and high more open and refined and sound more natural
Marsala will arrive half february with Saec 506,i am exciting to listen and compared with Schopper
Regards

IMG_2022.jpg
IMG_2023.jpg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Eric,
The T base,looks very good,solid and very heavy,26 kg.
The sound of TD 124 change a lot,bass more deep and less confusion in mid bass and high more open and refined and sound more natural
Marsala will arrive half february with Saec 506,i am exciting to listen and compared with Schopper
Regards

View attachment 38022
View attachment 38023

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Marsala is an object of beauty. So classy. It should sound terrific in your system Gian.
Look forward to your feedbacks.

Tang

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I found SPU A 95 musical and little roll off,but with T Base and new Kuro Speaker cable more transparent fast and with a lot of detail also SPU i like now,bass is good,mid natural and high enough open and transparent
Incredible thing that with Schopper and Koetsu arm sound better than Coralstone diamond.
With Bergmann i like a lot Coralstone because with voice,and few instrument sound is very natural,but with Schopper i don't like,i don't understand

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Below the X1 you can see the Shuk Moon feet that Ked left to me to try
Improve is big,also because i have a very bad and old rack

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I found SPU A 95 musical and little roll off,but with T Base and new Kuro Speaker cable more transparent fast and with a lot of detail also SPU i like now,bass is good,mid natural and high enough open and transparent
Incredible thing that with Schopper and Koetsu arm sound better than Coralstone diamond.
With Bergmann i like a lot Coralstone because with voice,and few instrument sound is very natural,but with Schopper i don't like,i don't understand

For some reason my SPU A 95 took longer than any other Ortofon I ever owned to break in, it went from soft and boring to very full bodied and warm. I wouldn’t call it neutral but it’s very addictive specially with strings and different enough to make it a must have for any respectable cartridge collector. It should match your 124 perfectly,

david

Reactions: arj

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
For some reason my SPU A 95 took longer than any other Ortofon I ever owned to break in, it went from soft and boring to very full bodied and warm. I wouldn’t call it neutral but it’s very addictive specially with strings and different enough to make it a must have for any respectable cartridge collector. It should match your 124 perfectly,

david

How does it match with 3012r?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
How does it match with 3012r?
Perfectly! It now has a permanent home on my Thorens Reference with an ultra neutral vintage Technics mm for balance. Let me clarify that, as much as I like it the A95 is too colored to listen to it all the time but as one of many it’s perfect when you want to lay back and swoon over the sound.

david

Reactions: arj

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
But Tang,you have all the best cartridge on the market,you have also Anna and you find Anna not good like other you have.
So i don't know is you can listen SPU
you have also a tube amp and subwoofer,so could be will be too dark in your system and could be don't like
If you want to try i can send to you to try

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing