Torqueo ordered

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This morning i order a Torqueo turntable,the compact color Marsala
with his T base and the mat of copper CU 2900

Will arrive in december,i never saw and listen,but i am near sure will be good sound

I think to put tonearm Saec 506 that Torqueo buy second hand and rebuild like knew changing the knife made from a Jeweler
I take immediately the T base,is ready to put under the Schopper 124

Idea is to have Torqueo with Saec 506 and Coralstone diamond
I hope a good sound

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey Gian, good work.
I did email them a while back, but no reply, I guess the lack of English speaking and no UK distributor doesnt help.
Im not sure I could buy a tt without hearing it first.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am agree with you,but speaking a lot with them,checking the production quality,motor and plint quality and good price convinced me on buying
Sure will be very good,for his cost,but i don't know which will be the real quality

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Spirit,
i see you have Strain Gauge,you can connect directly to power amp without connect to line preamp if you have g210 with volume?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
you can see the website and in the home you can see the Marsala Compact
Site is also in English
I think construction is very good,before took the old rek-o-kut and restored,now do the same but all made new with bronze,ergal,ecc and new very good motor
Company is in Italy but are 730 km from my home,so i didn't go

www.torqueo-audio.it

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
in their website there is also the video of Marsala compact
Also Ardesia color and Olive color are good,you can see in the video of the web

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
No idea about sound Gian but I love the looks and the lovely soft Marsala color of Torqueo, congrats!

david

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Beautiful! Enjoy and look forward to your 'report' about how it sounds.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Congrats Gian....wonderful eye candy :)

What was your thinking here for the purchase?

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Is good also the possibility to use 4 tonearms buying their Pilastro tonearm base
Are doing also a T Base bigger where you can put 4 tonearms

I will do report when i will receive

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, I'm possibly on the lookout for a final final tt, and the Torqueo is up my street despite issues re contact/comms (or lack of).
A few qs
1- I'm struggling a bit to differentiate between the different models.
Are they all at the same level of tech and performance, just different re finishes/aesthetics?
Or are there different levels of performance?
2- how does a tt work w the arm pod seperate from plinth re alignment?
Just what happens if the pod is displaced gently?
I've only ever run tts w the arm pod integral w plinth.

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
They produce 2 models that you can see in their web
B12GH AND T 34

B12GH they stop the production because find little less quality and little more vibration than the T34

T34 produce in 2 way,the normal that is bigger and you can use one arm,and the compact that is smaller and you use one external base to put the tonearm named PILASTRO
The price of the compact include one Pilastro
The price of the normal and the compact with one Pilastro is the same

T 34 is produced with one plint that is the same for all models,change only the color
The color are Ardesia,Marsala and Olive and other 2 with the wood around,is only the finish and cost 1.000 euro more than the Ardesia,Marsala and Olive
The wood are 2 Zebrano and Noce.

For some tonearms like FR,Saec,Ortofon and Ikeda they give one Dima where you can mount the arm on Pilastro
Pilastro is very heavy,so when the tonearm is perfect the base Pilastro don't move.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The Marsala you see in the video is the old model,
now the new plint of Marsala is same design of the Noce Compact Exclusive that you see in their web under turntable

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, I have my eye on a handful of tts in a final shortlist.
Idlers: this Torqueo, and PTP Solid 9 or 12.
DD: Primary Control Kinea, GPA Parabolica, and to be released new Technics SP-10R.
Belt: Kuzma Stabi M.
I'm v much drawn to idlers, being an owner of rim drive TransFi Salvation, and liking idler house sounds of Garrard and Lenco.
I'm curious as to whether this Torqueo at a pretty reasonable cost of entry has taken the idler principle to improved tolerances and performance parameters, esp re rumble.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, are all the Torqueos available as two options ie compact to use w off board Pilastro arm base AND ALSO full width version w arm base integrated one piece w plinth?
Is there much of a price differential?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
All Torqueo has two options,compact with one Pilastro and width version
The price is the same.
Torqueo prefer a little the compact because being the arm outside that TT there are less resonance and vibration
They told in a small room is better Compact and in a big room is the same
With the compact you can use 4 arms and they are doing a big T base to put Compact and 3/4 arms while the width you can put only one arm

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gian, one arm is enough for me.
I run the Strainauge which is one of the few stereo carts that excels at mono too.
All the tts I've owned have been one-piece w the arm board, so I think I'd go ahead w their one-arm full width Marsala.
Can you tell us a little more about the SAEC arm they particularly favour? It's an existing out of production arm that they refurbish specially?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing