Torqueo ordered

SMKL

Feb 5, 2018
Daytona,
this is what i was ordered for myself. the T34 EXCLUSIVE ZEBRANO.
you can add the "Pilastro" and put it on the back for another arm option.
but i already have the AF3 and it got 4 arm places... so i'm pretty much covered :).

i will mount on it the IKEDA 407 OR the SAEC 506 i ordered with it from Torqueo (in turns, or what will turn to be the best for me on it).

Looks like a dream TT

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have a news
My TT Marsala is ready but Torqueo are doing the same TT but one limited edition serie with plint little bigger,Pilastro weight 12 kg instead 7 kg,the deck is 11 mm instead 6 mm and all is made in bronze and copper instead steel and aluminium,plus other details
The price is 80% higher and they told the sound has more weight and more transparent,so i change with this that will delivery to me before end march

SMKL

Feb 5, 2018
I have a news
My TT Marsala is ready but Torqueo are doing the same TT but one limited edition serie with plint little bigger,Pilastro weight 12 kg instead 7 kg,the deck is 11 mm instead 6 mm and all is made in bronze and copper instead steel and aluminium,plus other details
The price is 80% higher and they told the sound has more weight and more transparent,so i change with this that will delivery to me before end march

Good decision. I believe a combination of bronze and copper will also make the sound warmer and lush giving you a full bodied bloom. Love it.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I have a news

wow, that sound really nice.
coo they offered you the upgrade and not push your dead line further.
did you took the big power supply too?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I will try TT and later i will ask to try the power supply if bring some improvement or not

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
On the left you can see the Pilastro for Limited edition TT and on the right the Pilastro 2 and are 12 kg against 7 kg

2018-02-09-PHOTO-00000104.jpg
Pilastro Plus.png
LIMITED.png

Halcro

Dec 25, 2012
A wise decision Gian which you will not regret.
With isolated armpods, they need to be as heavy and stable as possible.
Mine are made of solid cast bronze and weigh 11Kg each.

P1030078.jpg
P1030089.jpg

Looking forward to your reports once you have the Torqueo....:cool:

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
i think they know what they doing,
also with the new mark iii, i think the plus is looking great but i don't think you *have too* get it as a Must, it might depending the arm you will use it in.
but its sure looks better constructive when you see them side by side like Gian posted :cool:.
i ordered the T34 EXCLUSIVE, so no "Pilastro" in my design. only if i will want to mount a second arm in the back like here:
TORQ25.jpg

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Hi Paul

If your not using Stevenson with your 506 but Baerwald are you turning cartridge in head shell ?

Hi awsmone;

Sorry I missed your question, I lost track of this thread a bit.. To answer, yes, by 4 degrees clockwise from above. I'll put up the figures in the next post..

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply and welcome.

Looking forward to having a look at your arc. Interestingly, I did not have to move my cartridge much (only a fraction of a degree to correct the cantilever alignment) to get the cantilever aligned with the parallel lines on the printed protractor. I have two ULS-3X, each with a Koetsu Rosewood Signature and ZYX Ultimate Omega mounted respectively. I just had a proper look at the Lofgren B Arc I printed, the null points I input into the Conrad Arc engine are 61.0 and 85.7 with the resulting Arc having an overhang of 8.647mm and null points being 65.227mm and 79.364mm. Offset became 13.774 degrees.

Hear soon and best wishes,

SM

SM,

You may try the below settings for your 506 as an alternative to the figures you have given which look like SAEC Stevenson so not optimal for a 12" LP.

View attachment SAEC 506 Geometry Figures.pdf
calculator_pro_plot.phpSAEC506.png
calculator_pro_error_plot.SAEC 506php.png
SAEC 506 Printer template.jpg

Baerwald seems to work well, my figures came out very close, but I will try to improve upon the end of side error more, although it sounds really excellent as is..

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
Paul.

Last edited:

SMKL

Feb 5, 2018
SM,

You may try the below settings for your 506 as an alternative to the figures you have given which look like SAEC Stevenson so not optimal for a 12" LP.

View attachment 38693
View attachment 38692
View attachment 38694
View attachment 38695

Baerwald seems to work well, my figures came out very close, but I will try to improve upon the end of side error more, although it sounds really excellent as is..

Hope this helps!

Rgds,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

A million thanks. I will attempt it tonight.

Best wishes,

SM

SMKL

Feb 5, 2018
Hi Paul,

Are the other 3 curves using the same P/S of 280.7mm in the 4 curve comparison chart? This is interesting.

Many thanks.

SM.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Hi SM,

No, only Lofgren B (Baerwald) is close to 280.7, the other 2 increase the P-S distance slightly. You will notice small changes to offset in the template, this is my current preference and setting. SAEC 506 is a wonderful and constantly amazing tonearm when the set up is truly optimal and contributes to the 'system disappearing act'..

You can read what Marc (Spirit) thought hearing this set up here:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?24768-A-visit-to-Z-Axis-Audio

Post #988
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...nother-Turntable-Argh-!!!&p=493974#post493974

I will be adding templates in 2mm clear acrylic laser engraved to the website soon if you need one let me know as there will be a batch done next week..

Best wishes,
P

Pani

Jun 4, 2013
I am sitting on the fence to read at least one serious user review before I make a buying decision around Torqueo turntables

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
I am sitting on the fence to read at least one serious user review before I make a buying decision around Torqueo turntables

we are still waiting for it.
we were told 120 working days for delivery...
so... i guess somewhere around june\july

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

I have the Torqueo T-34 Zebrano Compact and it is a pretty amazing turntable. Being a bespoke design it does come with a fairly lengthy lead time. I am also getting a Kinea Table from Primary Control in 2 months I think may be a better performing table although aesthetics will not be as sexy as the Torqueo model. Both are very close in price.

http://primarycontrol.nl/Kinea_turntable.html

direct-drive-transcription-turntable.jpg

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Why do you feel the Kinea table would be superior ?

Not having the Kinea in house..call it a hunch. The medium to interact with the platter makes a big difference and one of the biggest impacts on the "voicing" of the table. Belts make the least, but can have speed issues and no torque and idler falls in the middle. The coreless direct drive design being low torque should be the best of both worlds of design.

Pani

Jun 4, 2013
Do you have an opinion on Garrard vs Lenco vs Torqueo ? Other than the looks, where does the Torqueo score over the usual suspects ?

Reactions: Dentdog

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing