Torqueo ordered

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
But Tang,you have all the best cartridge on the market,you have also Anna and you find Anna not good like other you have.
So i don't know is you can listen SPU
you have also a tube amp and subwoofer,so could be will be too dark in your system and could be don't like
If you want to try i can send to you to try

Smart comment Gian. WBF really brings me good friends.
My offer is the same...any of my carts that you want to try Gian.

Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Tang,
i don't need to try Carts now
but i would like to try in my system some top TT,
so you can send to me to try AF1 premium and AS 2000

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and to everybody

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Happy New Year from Bangkok!!

9F50B7FE-4360-4693-8619-BC8DBD2C1119.jpg
524564F7-9FE1-4830-AD14-D63C5FA3650E.jpg

Tang

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Gian,

When Torqueo and SAEC 506 arrive, will you try your SPU for me please? I am keen to know about this combination, SPU is on my 'very interested' list :)

Happy new year friends..

Paul.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
But Tang,you have all the best cartridge on the market,you have also Anna and you find Anna not good like other you have.
So i don't know is you can listen SPU
you have also a tube amp and subwoofer,so could be will be too dark in your system and could be don't like
If you want to try i can send to you to try

SPU has it’s own flavor Gian and like 911 & 1911 is a classic that holds it’s own in any setup :), Bon Anno!

david

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes I know,
But I and you like a lot vintage while Tang I think is not ready for this things
Is too young
@Paul
I have spu A95 and Spu Sinergy and sure I will try both
Buon Anno to everybody

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yes I know,
But I and you like a lot vintage while Tang I think is not ready for this things
Is too young

That very well could be.
My hearing and preferences are a lot less mature than those with 30 yrs experiences switching gears in this hobby.

Tang

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Been enjoying the Torqueo Zebrano with Plistro Base. Some pics setting it up with the Acoustical Systems Smarttractor

1 jpg.jpg

2 jpg.jpg

3 jpg.jpg

4 jpg.jpg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Torqueo is doing a new T Base bigger where you can put 4 pilastro Base for 4 tonearms

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Torqueo is doing a new T Base bigger where you can put 4 pilastro Base for 4 tonearms

Yes I am looking forward to that as I have a few plans to accommodate at least one more arm and cart for comparison

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Cart is new so need to break it in just a while longer to open it up and then we can really jam :)

ferrari275

Jan 18, 2018
United States

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Attractive bit of kit....

For clarification, the Torqueo, at its roots, this is a modded vintage Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr. L37 (34?) or is it based on the Rek-O-Kut LP743? ]

To borrow an expression from the custom car world 'tribute' is closer to mark than modded.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
There are companies that refurb old components (maybe with a refreshing of the hardware) like Garrads into new plinths and there are those like Torqueo that take the technology of the idler drive and build a new design from scratch. Saying Rek O Kut is like a Torqueo, is like saying a belt drive table is like another belt drive just because they both use belt drive.

ferrari275

Jan 18, 2018
United States
To borrow an expression from the custom car world 'tribute' is closer to mark than modded.

Solypsa, well stated! I adore certain properly executed vintage based interpretations, "tributes" if you will of turntables, and own several of the finest examples myself.

After examination of Torqueo's website, I discovered the answer to my initial inquiry, their record players are based directly on the Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr. L34 est. circa 1952. On their Labor Process page, a original Rek-O-Kut L34 top plate can be seen next to one of their new plates, obviously the drive geometry and mechanical layout, if you will, is identical to its forebearer and the basis of its design. On their Tech Info page, the mention of NOS motors being cleaned and necessary parts being replaced is covered as well as new motors being used, so uncertain sure which explanation is the more accurate one.

www.torqueo-audio.it/labor-process/

www.torqueo-audio.it/english/

There are companies that refurb old components (maybe with a refreshing of the hardware) like Garrads into new plinths and there are those like Torqueo that take the technology of the idler drive and build a new design from scratch. Saying Rek O Kut is like a Torqueo, is like saying a belt drive table is like another belt drive just because they both use belt drive.

Believe High Fidelity, with all due respect, the Torqueo, is undeniably a modern reinterpretation of the Rek-O-Kut idler drives, thus it simply is not a "new design built from scratch", but rather a beautiful homage and vast improvement from the original. On the ARDESIA page, the chassis inscription reads "Rek-O-Kut Rondine L-34", so its roots are evident.

.......And that being said, I may consider adding one to my collection someday.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Torqueo is doing an external power supply also for have perfect 33 and 45 rpm
Has big trans made in Italy by hand by a company that do special trans,named F.I.A.T.

2018-01-22-PHOTO-00000077.jpg

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Gian,
This power supply is standard with all of their models?
Or it’s a add on/upgrade path from the one you’ll get with one of their models?

Thank you.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
You can use with all their model but is an upgrade and I don’t know price,they are checking the price

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing