Pss labs in home cinema

Heidrun

Sep 3, 2017
I am wondering. If you have the XP 20 pre and 260.8 power amps. And i was to use them in a home cinema. How do i do it. Because ia was then thinking the too 260,8 amps to drive the front speakers, and then another amps to drive the other 5 speakers.
Sounds easy, but Pass dont have a surround prosessor i belive

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
*Pass Labs designed Input 5 to be used for Home Theater. The UNITY GAIN function is only available by using the hand held remote control. This function allows the preamplifier to function as a unity buffer (0dB gain at volume step 59) for use with components such as surround processors or av receivers (with pre-outs).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As Jerome says you will need an external processor. Conncetions will look as follows

BDP/Cablebox HDMi output > Processor HDMi input> Processor L and R out (XLR or RCA) > Pass Pre Input 5
Processor C, Surround outs > Multichannel amp
Processor LFE out > Subs

Use processor for level calibration

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing