Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kondo M7 + SFz vs ?

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Beautiful
    How you did?
    Hi Gian
    The photo was taken by Bé's friend Brian.
    I am a huge Yamamura fan and was inspired when I read Ken Kessler's article about your system. Luckily I became friends with Brian, who worked and stayed with Bé during that time. Brian apologised for the poor quality of the photos because of difficulties with the camera's flash and the reflections from the amplifiers.I think that is you and Ken in this picture?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Cantus, we what speakers do you have, what amps are you driving them with, and what TT?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    Hi all...
    i was wonder if anyone had the opportunity to hear this set of phono stage and if yes, to compare it to others phono stage on the same caliber?
    it is my all time dream but the cost is super high, and i would buy it blind... (except the SFz i have in my possession right now and its the most awesome SUT i ever heard... )

thank you.
    See my old review on Positive Feedback...

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue26/preamps.htm

Cheers
    Industry Affiliation:

Sound Castles klg
    Swiss Importer/distributor for Aries Cerat Ltd.
    www.soundcastles.ch

Kondo SUT/M7

Quote Originally Posted by byrdparis View Post
    Hi all...
    i was wonder if anyone had the opportunity to hear this set of phono stage and if yes, to compare it to others phono stage on the same caliber?
    it is my all time dream but the cost is super high, and i would buy it blind... (except the SFz i have in my possession right now and its the most awesome SUT i ever heard... )

thank you.
    18 months I had the opportunity to listen to the Kondo M7 and the SFz in my system with a Kondo Io-m. I also had a Tron Ultimate phonostage with a MC and MM input. Using the SFz into the Tron comared to the M7 was very instructive The M7 diplayed the typical Kondo sound that Shakti mentions; it had a wonderful ability to render female vocals with all their textures and nuances, small scale ensembles were magical, especially in the body of the notes. Choral works were highly coherent and with good scale. However, there is always a however, it did not have the dynamic contrasts that did justice to large orchestral peices or capture the power of brass in jazz combos. Here the Tron was significantly more accomplished and had a tighter control over the lower notes. I did put my Dynavector X1-vs through the Ksl and there was just too much gain, but only just. The outcome was that I got Graham Tricker to build me a TronGT MM phonostage for my Io-m and Io-j.

It would appear that gain matching between the cart and the phonostage might be more critical than loading (Aka J Carr). Given the dialogue on the forum, people demand increasing flexibility regarding functionality in their phonostages . Whereas some manufacturers support the view that the simpler and most direct the better.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by perart1 View Post
    18 months I had the opportunity to listen to the Kondo M7 and the SFz in my system with a Kondo Io-m. I also had a Tron Ultimate phonostage with a MC and MM input. Using the SFz into the Tron comared to the M7 was very instructive The M7 diplayed the typical Kondo sound that Shakti mentions; it had a wonderful ability to render female vocals with all their textures and nuances, small scale ensembles were magical, especially in the body of the notes. Choral works were highly coherent and with good scale. However, there is always a however, it did not have the dynamic contrasts that did justice to large orchestral peices or capture the power of brass in jazz combos. Here the Tron was significantly more accomplished and had a tighter control over the lower notes. I did put my Dynavector X1-vs through the Ksl and there was just too much gain, but only just. The outcome was that I got Graham Tricker to build me a TronGT MM phonostage for my Io-m and Io-j.

It would appear that gain matching between the cart and the phonostage might be more critical than loading (Aka J Carr). Given the dialogue on the forum, people demand increasing flexibility regarding functionality in their phonostages . Whereas some manufacturers support the view that the simpler and most direct the better.

Peter
    Thank you Peter for your reply and experience you shared.
    i was re-sold my SFz after i ordered the CH PRECISION P1 and be done with all phono-stages\SUT's searching and comparing.
    the CH P1 is the ultimate phono-stage for me, and it just do what no phono stage done before in my system (and probably -arguably- in the world).
    i dropped the itch for the M7 when i decided to go for the long about the CH phono... but great to read, what others experiencing with this equipment.

thank you again.
    Speakers:Magico Q3 Preamp:E.A.R 912 Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown Power:Nordost Odin1,Argento master flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    TT1TechDAS AF3/Thales Simplicity II/Ortofon RS212D/DV507MK2
    TT2:Torqueo T34 Exclusive Zebrano/ikeda 407
    Carts': Ortofon Anna,Zyx R1000 airy3,VDH Colibri Stradivarius,EMT XSD15,Murasakino Sumile,Koetsu Tsugaru,Top Wing Suzaku,DS W2
    Phono: CH Precision P1 Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference Power treatmentPs Audio P10

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123