Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kondo M7 + SFz vs ?

Kondo M7 + SFz vs ?

Hi all...
    i was wonder if anyone had the opportunity to hear this set of phono stage and if yes, to compare it to others phono stage on the same caliber?
    it is my all time dream but the cost is super high, and i would buy it blind... (except the SFz i have in my possession right now and its the most awesome SUT i ever heard... )

thank you.
    Speakers:Magico S3MK2
    Preamp: E.A.R 912
    Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown - XLR & RCA
    Power:Furutech,Nordost Odin1,Argento master flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    2nd-TT:Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2
    1ST-TTTechDAS AF3/Thales Simplicty II/Ortofon DS212D (on order)
    Carts':Zyx r1000 airy3 sb, Ortofon Anna, DS audio 002, Orotofon Synergy (on order)
    Phono: CH Precision - P1
    Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference
    Power treatmentPs Audio P10

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Ask Shakti, he owned it and thoress and aesthetix. He also owns the SUT
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

dont know Shakti...
    Speakers:Magico S3MK2
    Preamp: E.A.R 912
    Amp:Luxman m900
    Cables:Siltech Double Crown - XLR & RCA
    Power:Furutech,Nordost Odin1,Argento master flow
    Digital: Metronome C8/Aurender N10
    2nd-TT:Clearaudio Master Innovation with TT2
    1ST-TTTechDAS AF3/Thales Simplicty II/Ortofon DS212D (on order)
    Carts':Zyx r1000 airy3 sb, Ortofon Anna, DS audio 002, Orotofon Synergy (on order)
    Phono: CH Precision - P1
    Racks: Solid Tech Rack of silence reference
    Power treatmentPs Audio P10

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    PM him, he will respond
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

I had for 2 years Kondo GE1 with SUT Silvercore pro,not SFZ because i haven't Kondo cartridge
    I had also M7 KSL and 2 Souga

Sound is very good but at the end i prefer CH Precision P1 with X1,so i sold Kondo and bought P1
    P1 vs GE1,was more natural with better and more deep bass and high more open
    Mid was very similar but with better bass and high

Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    Sound is very good but at the end i prefer CH Precision P1 with X1,so i sold Kondo and bought P1
    Hello Gian,

You used to be all tube guy until got caught by CH. Do you think the solid stage P1 would work wonderfully with your former tube gears?

Kind regards,
    Tang

Hi Tang,

from 1980 till 1990 i had ARC SP 8 and SP 10 and Sp 11and D90 B and then D 250,Counterpoint,then i tried CJ and then i bought Jadis Ja 200 and JA 500 with pre and phono JAdis 200
    with MAgneplanar timpani Iva and then Soundlab A1 with sub B1 and then i change with Mark Levinson ML 6B,network LNC2 mono and 4 pair of N 20 bridge for Soundlab,
    so i already change tube with Transistor founded ML more neutral,natural and transparent that ARC,CJ and Jadis.

Then in 1990 i knew and became friend with Be Yamamura that show us the triode amp with 845,211,300B that i and my friends saw only in japan magazine,and we really discover a new world and new sound really much better of all we listen and was imported in Italy,AudioNote,Audiotekne,Shindo,Mactone,ecc,arri ve in Italy some years later.

So Yamamura came to live in Italy and stayed some months also in my home,i was not married,and built for me a preamp and amp 8 stack with the weight of total 280 kg with super permalloy trans and amp with 845 and a turntable air bearing

All we were shocked for this quality.
    Then Yamamura had health problems and go back first in USA and then in Japan and amp broken 3 times and in Italy adjust bad,ecc,ecc and i sold everything and i started to buy Audiotekne and Kondo
    and in meantime i tried Mactone M8V otl mono,Shindo Petrus with Shinonia and 300B Limited,Dyssanayake,FAL,Sakuma,ecc,ecc
    I had also a beautiful collection,and beautiful sound and i had Vintage MC 30,MC 75,Quad II,Leak TL 12 plus,Redford sta 15.

So i listen from 1990 till 2 years ago with tube

When i tried CH pre line L1 and mono amp A1 i found them very good,similar midrange than Kondo but better bass and high,the sound was more clean,listening Kondo was very good but seems more dirty than CH
    Then i tried P1 vs Kondo GE 1 and i prefer P1
    Also my friend that wanted to buy my GE1,he had Viva top preamp,italian tube company,tried in his system GE1 and P1 and also him with Viva pre and Viva Aurora mono amp prefer in his system P1
    Then i bought P1 and M1 mono

I post 2 photo of my system that Ken Kessler of HI FI News listen in my home and did report in Hi Fi News in february 1992
    You can see the Yamamura turntable air suspension with big motor and tonearm in graphite like KL Audio and on top my Yamamura system
    with preamp 4 stack,mono with power supply and behind the mono amp always with big external power supply
    Also speaker were from Yamamura,a tower very heavy,2 people cannot move for the bass,a foster pm 2 A for mid and super tweeter TAD 703 modified from him

Sound was impressive and much better of what you could listen in the market

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast