RMAF 2017 - Who's Going?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
I will be sponsoring the Al Stiefel room with some electronics from Aries Cerat and cartridge from Etsuro Urushi, but aside from setup will be attending mainly as a guest.

Who else is going this year?

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
See you folks there...

And may even get to talk to Mike - as he buzzes through the show at 78RPM!

Charles

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I'm going to be there. First time to a show... any advice for a noob?

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Just visited RMAF's w/s...appears that will be a great show. :D

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I'm going to be there. First time to a show... any advice for a noob?

Bring test music on CDR and memory stick, some even bring vinyl! Sometimes I'll make a compilation of 30-60 sec clips from several tracks. You can't get a feel for a system without hearing music you're familiar with...

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
I'm given to understand the MQA seminar is cancelled. :(

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
If anyone wants to stop by while RMAF is going on I'm about 35 min away in Lafayette. I'll be home about an hour after RMAF is finished for the day Friday through Sunday. I can also be around Friday morning as RMAF starts at noon unless you have a press pass. Espresso drinks will be available Friday morning and beer/drinks after rmaf. :)

The speakers have 15" AE woofers, 4.5" custom Omega midrange drivers in 330 Hz Le Cleac'h horns and Fostex T500A MkII tweeters. ~102 dB efficiency, active bass <400 Hz.

Amp is a 2 chassis EL34 SET with 6SL7/6SN7 driver section with it's own power supply. LDR/6SN7 preamp. Digital server source, bring tunes however you like, I can rip/load them. If anyone wants to bring a high end source I'm all for it. ;)

PM me or email dave at zenwaveaudio.com

Just a fyi, speakers are rough prototypes meant to be tuneable for different woofers, etc. so not pretty. There will be a direct-sale model available sooner than later in the $10-15k range. Eventually, higher end models that will be sold through dealers will be rolled out.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
Ciúnas Audio isolated DAC (ISO-DAC) & isolated power supply (ISO-PS) will be the front end source in the Audiokinesis room (room 2014 2nd floor Tower - innovation area) where their new speakers will be demonstrated interactively by allowing users to remotely turn on/off the rear firing space generator speakers drives.
RMAF 2017 floorplan.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing