First Post Here-Contemplating Gustard X20pro, but wait for ESS9038PRO DUAL MONO?

sangria_and_music

Sep 4, 2017
Does Gustard have any immediate plans for releasing a ES9038PRO DAC?
Also, what is their main website where you order from?

Ric Schultz

Jun 21, 2013
Soquel, CA
Maybe, but I don't think it is what you want. The LKS DA-004 DAC already has two 9038s in parallel and is done at a much more tweaky level (these guys really listen). I have modified the Gustard Pro and the LKS and the Oppo Sonica. The modded LKS and modded Sonica are far better than the modded Gustard Pro. The Sonica also gives you streaming and playback of usb files and also plays DSD512 perfectly. The Oppo is also less expensive than either one.

Shenzhen audio is where most people buy Gustards and LKS DACs. Only the stock LKS is worth using stock. The others have to be modified extensively to make them sing.

sangria_and_music

Sep 4, 2017
Maybe, but I don't think it is what you want. The LKS DA-004 DAC already has two 9038s in parallel and is done at a much more tweaky level (these guys really listen). I have modified the Gustard Pro and the LKS and the Oppo Sonica. The modded LKS and modded Sonica are far better than the modded Gustard Pro. The Sonica also gives you streaming and playback of usb files and also plays DSD512 perfectly. The Oppo is also less expensive than either one.

Shenzhen audio is where most people buy Gustards and LKS DACs. Only the stock LKS is worth using stock. The others have to be modified extensively to make them sing.

Thanks, i have seen your name in other threads....do you have any modified sonicas available for resell? Do you have a website?
I would like to know more about the details of your sonica upgrade...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing