..my new ride

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Sadly my local CA dealer used wood screws to affix a front plate bracket to the front bumper of my SL550. So I am stuck with a front plate on my daily-driver car.

I don't know why MB made the front plate bracket NOT FLAT. I had to bend the plate slightly so the screws would be long enough to secure it. HATE THE DESIGN!!

IMG_3382.JPG

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Nice ride -- enjoy! :p

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
IMG_0117.jpg IMG_0118.jpg IMG_0121.jpg Great car Gavin!
Just got this last week.
Great minds must think alike when it comes to rides!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
In all honesty (as an adult) I have never cast such hardcore general opinions on people based on the cars they drive. On the otherhand although i find the content of what you shared to be mutaually exclusive funny, together I think the humor is somewhat grayed out and something else emerges. It also begs to question as to whether you own your car, or does your car own you?

There is humor bestowed upon us no matter what we drive/ride. It is really bad as folks cast stereotypes on most motorcycle riders. You should hear the things they say/write about scooters and Can-am Spyders!!

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
There is humor bestowed upon us no matter what we drive/ride. It is really bad as folks cast stereotypes on most motorcycle riders. You should hear the things they say/write about scooters and Can-am Spyders!!

Oh...well people who ride motorcycles, that's a different story......

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rollin' right along.......

Congratulations Gavin

from

AMG and M Drivin', returning Motorcycle Rider

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I must admit that before I bought my M I drove and fell in love with the AMG C63 but I just didn't want to stretch my budget. That being said the M is a killer car and I was able to get all the extra goodies that I wanted too. Motorcycles, no thank you. Too damn dangerous even if you are a great rider. Besides, don't want to mess up the hair.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I missed my 6-speed manual e46 M3 so much I bought it back and reunited it with its C63 stablemate. They are both great cars in very different ways. What they do have in common that has kept me away from 911s and such are big boots :D If it can't carry a golf set, it isn't getting in my garage :D

As for bikes, I just can't decide what to get. My heart belongs to sports bikes which I started riding at the age of 19. I started riding trail bikes at the age of 11. I gave up riding atogether when I got married. I need to go around to inaccessible places to inspect construction of new roads and simple farm bikes are the best solution. The problem is, every time I enter a dealership my eyes keep wandering towards the big bikes. I gotta use my head and not my heart. LOL. I'm now to old and out of shape for a sport bike. My belly would get in my way crouching over the gas tank so that is out! I tried to rationalize the flexibility of adventure bikes but the truth is the weight of these are a real issue for where I need to go. Perhaps that Yamaha Serow is really the way to go. At least my hair has always been kept really short and needs "serow" maintenance.

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
This is a 750i xdrive with Msport package, B&W sound system, 20 inch wheels, twin turbo 445 HP, several other exec packages and ultra suede headliner.
Has a 20gig hard drive, but only plays compressed when saved to the hard drive. Will play cd quality from a usb thumb drive, but would not recognize 24/96.
I asked BMW how to disable compression and they couldn't tell me. Has adjustments for sport, comfort or comfort plus (should say boat plus) which have sub adjustments for suspension, engine and others. Thanks Northstar!

Jeff

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Congrats! Hopefully you viewed the mandatory video that all BMW drivers must see!!

View attachment 35173

..I have a profile picture of an M logo that I use on Stereophile eqpt review comments. When my buddy Fremer read one of my posts he called me a BMW prick...back at ya Mikey

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
I missed my 6-speed manual e46 M3 so much I bought it back and reunited it with its C63 stablemate. They are both great cars in very different ways. What they do have in common that has kept me away from 911s and such are big boots :D If it can't carry a golf set, it isn't getting in my garage :D

As for bikes, I just can't decide what to get. My heart belongs to sports bikes which I started riding at the age of 19. I started riding trail bikes at the age of 11. I gave up riding atogether when I got married. I need to go around to inaccessible places to inspect construction of new roads and simple farm bikes are the best solution. The problem is, every time I enter a dealership my eyes keep wandering towards the big bikes. I gotta use my head and not my heart. LOL. I'm now to old and out of shape for a sport bike. My belly would get in my way crouching over the gas tank so that is out! I tried to rationalize the flexibility of adventure bikes but the truth is the weight of these are a real issue for where I need to go. Perhaps that Yamaha Serow is really the way to go. At least my hair has always been kept really short and needs "serow" maintenance.

..F800GS...I owned the 30 yr anniversary model...loved it but now that I'm pushing 70 I decided the possibility of ruining what's left of my time on earth I sold it..

JGlacken

Mar 4, 2011
Gavin,

I don't mind being an ******* as long as it's a BMW *******! Up there myself at 67.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I too am a BMW A-hole, though it's a 2-wheel GS..... I don't discriminate!

Nothing wrong with being an equal opportunity A-hole.
I tell people all the time I am an equal opportunity hater, I hate everyone, it's easier that way.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
how's the new ride treating you a few months later?

I drove a C63 the other day - but decided I'm still an M-car man. Great motor, awesome exhaust, and well appointed interior - but doesn't really handle in M or P-car land. I'd say they are two different buyers, multiple flavors in a great sports car market.

As such, I am looking at a potential M3 purchase at year end. Some smokin' year end deals out there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing