Sony Vegas audio trouble

POJ

Aug 31, 2017
Hi I have a question:

What is the best audio quality for Vegas 14? I used an output of 48,000hz and 16 bit to edit a video, using apple earphones, but when I play it through any computer system, it just sounds off and low quality. The project files range from different type of quality and different type of audio files.

1. What render settings should I use when I render both audio and video if I used the ones above to edit it?
2. Should I render audio only(because it has more options for quality than rendering video and audio at the same time) and then add it to the project?

Hopefully someone has some idea to fix this, thanks.

Fiddle Faddle

Aug 7, 2015
Australia
i used 32 channels of audio

Unless you are aiming to produce an audiophile quality production, there should be sufficient choices when rendering to the Sony options - I render to Sony AVC at maximum video bitrate and 384 kbps audio at 48 khz, 16 bit (I could go to a higher bitrate with the audio but there is no real value in doing so due to source limitations). Even as an audiophile, I have found the audio in all my video renderings is still quite good enough unless as mentioned before it is for audiophile purposes (though I mainly deal with old motorsport videos).

If it is for audiophile purposes you are better off to deal with the audio separately as PCM and then merging it with the video. You could for example author a blu-ray disc so you have much higher bitrate video (rendered separately) and a high quality, uncompressed 24 bit audio track (see the blu-ray rendering options where the audio is blanked out).

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Render out the audio and see if you still get the same quality (or lack thereof). There are more than enough render options for sure. As Fiddle Faddle stated, try authoring Blu-ray disc or other PCM formats.

You state you have 32 tracks... Hopefully they are no overloading the final bus mixer. What are your levels? Do you have any plug-ins on either of those tracks?

POJ

Aug 31, 2017
Render out the audio and see if you still get the same quality (or lack thereof). There are more than enough render options for sure. As Fiddle Faddle stated, try authoring Blu-ray disc or other PCM formats.

You state you have 32 tracks... Hopefully they are no overloading the final bus mixer. What are your levels? Do you have any plug-ins on either of those tracks?

Well could I send you my email so that I can send you screenshots?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing