Fauda-A Netflix Series

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My son turned me onto this series and it is so good IMO that I wanted to share it here

A short Synopsis from IMDB

"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Doron, a commander of undercover Israeli unit, the Israeli Special Forces, operating inside Palestinian territories, and his team, are hunting down Hamas terrorist Abu-Ahmed. On the other side of the fence, the life of Abu-Ahmed and his family, who has thus far murdered 143 Israelis, will never accept the State of Israel, and will continue Jihad for as long as it takes.

A lengthy synopsis from Wiki but beware SPOILERS ALERT, as many things are revealed

Plot
Eighteen months prior to the start of the show, Doron and his unit were credited with killing Taufiq Hammed. Following being credited with the kill Doron retires from service in order to grow wine. At the beginning of season 1 however, Doron is visited by Moreno who informs him that he was still alive and planning on attending his brother Bashir's wedding. Doron rejoins his own team in order to go undercover at the wedding. Ultimately they are discovered and Bashir is killed, moments before Tafuiq is to arrive. Although Doron is able to shoot Tafuiq, and injuring him, after recognizing him and chasing him, Tafuiq is able to escape.

Taufiq survives the gunshot wound, but barely, and is forced to have secret emergency surgery as to not reveal that he is alive or where he is. Doron is able to convince Moreno to allow him to stay on beyond his one mission, until they catch Taufiq. Bashir's family all mourns him as a Shahid (martyr), while his wife, Amal, vows revenge. Taufiq's right-hand man Walid convinces his cousin Shirin to help Taufiq escape from the hospital minutes before Doron's team arrives to attack him.

Amal gets assigned to blow up a night club that Boaz frequents, to send a message that it is revenge for Bashir's killing, however Amal decides to not leave and stay with the bomb. Moments before the bomb explodes Boaz arrives and is standing outside the nightclub when it goes off. Boaz wakes up following the blast and finds his girlfriend body. Boaz does not take the news well and after getting pulled over beats up the cops and winds up in jail.

While on a mission hunting Taufiq, Doron's brother-in-law, and a member of his unit, Boaz gets captured and is held hostage by Hamas. Doron and his team decide to prepare an unapproved mission to kidnap Shiekh Awadalla, in an attempt to get Boaz back. When Doron finds out that Taufiq had a bomb implanted inside of Boaz, Steve and Nurit kidnap Taufiq's daughter to use as additional leverage. Ultimately Boaz and the Shiekh both get blown up and Taufiq's daughter gets badly injured.

Doron interviews for a position to be a Shahid in Taufiq's plan which he ultimately gets recruited for. Taufiq reveals his plan to Walid, that they received sarin nerve gas that will be detonated in the synagogue, which will cause Israel to retaliate with force, committing war crimes, which will force the other Islamic states to respond. Walid eventually discovers Doron's true identity and orders Doron to be killed, however the rest of the unit shows up just in time to kill everyone who was watching him. Walid shows the proof to Taufiq and then shoots him in the back of the head.

The first season is 12 episodes with each episode of 34 minutes so very easy to watch although some of the episodes are very intense. This shows both sides of the conflict through the eyes of the Jews as well as the Palestinians

Definitely a huge "thumbs' up". It's about as realistic as it gets

In fact it is the most popular Palestinian TV show in Israel. Season 2 has been picked up by YES

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Steve, speaking of Netflix have you watched Ozark? That one has all the buzz up here, but I haven't had a chance.

Steve Williams

Steve, speaking of Netflix have you watched Ozark? That one has all the buzz up here, but I haven't had a chance.

Not only have I not seen it, I've never heard of it until just now. What's it about?
You'd like Fauda Keith

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ozark is cool, watched the first season. If you must compare, it's similar to Breaking Bad, though obviously not as good.

This one got me interested, will look into it, thanks Steve.

cheers,
alex

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
thanks Steve- thoroughly enjoyed Fauda.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Ozark is cool, watched the first season. If you must compare, it's similar to Breaking Bad, though obviously not as good.

cheers,
alex

I was pretty disappointed with Ozark after the first few episodes. It really tries too hard to copy Breaking Bad and doesn't succeed. Jason Bateman's witty humor had its parts and Laura Linney was quite good - but I won't be coming back for Season 2.

I also tried Fargo Season 3 and didn't make it 2 episodes in. That show is totally hit or miss for me.

Hoping that Mr. Robot can rebound from its weird second season next week.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I was pretty disappointed with Ozark after the first few episodes. It really tries too hard to copy Breaking Bad and doesn't succeed. Jason Bateman's witty humor had its parts and Laura Linney was quite good - but I won't be coming back for Season 2.

I also tried Fargo Season 3 and didn't make it 2 episodes in. That show is totally hit or miss for me.

Hoping that Mr. Robot can rebound from its weird second season next week.

Keith is correct about Fargo Season 3 and Mr Robot Season 2. I think those have jumped the Shark. Another show that has been hard to watch this year is Ray Donavon.

Steve Williams

Keith is correct about Fargo Season 3 and Mr Robot Season 2. I think those have jumped the Shark. Another show that has been hard to watch this year is Ray Donavon.

I agree about Ray Donovan with all the flashbacks about Abby. Enough is enough

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

cheers,
alex
Ozark is fantastic and season two was even better than season one. I binged it over a week and my only complaint is I have to wait for season three!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Black earth rising is very good as well. This is a heavy duty political and social drama but well researched and acted.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The best series I have seen after Dexter season 3 and 4 is inside no. 9, especially season 2 and 3. And since each episode is independent and 30 mins, it is easy to watch.. Just fantastic, weird, creative, plenty of twists with a lot of humor. I think it is not available in the US though.

Now we have started watching in the line of duty, which is quite good. By the same writer as the bodyguard

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
The best series I have seen after Dexter season 3 and 4 is inside no. 9, especially season 2 and 3. And since each episode is independent and 30 mins, it is easy to watch.. Just fantastic, weird, creative, plenty of twists with a lot of humor. I think it is not available in the US though.

Now we have started watching in the line of duty, which is quite good. By the same writer as the bodyguard

We were looking for something new to watch and found "Line of Duty" on Hulu.. We have finished the 5 episodes of season 1 and are in the middle of 6 for Season 2. This is another captivating series with several surprises along the journey.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
2 and.3 are good. Season 4 and 5 are poor

Reactions: still-one

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I watched both Seasons and would enjoy more. There were a few annoying threads in the plot line but overall a good series.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I thought that it was terrific because it showed the conflict through the eyes of the Jews as well as the Palestinians.

Most popular show in Israel
If Doron didn't act like such a dick for most episodes I would have liked it even more than I did.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I did enjoy all 5'9" of Rona-lee Shim'on as Nurit in both seasons.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing