My first post

Bartok

Aug 25, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am a regular Joe from South Korea, taking an interest in audio systems driven by a "musically-tuned PC." I am pleasantly surprised by the level of enthusiasm found here, and shocked by the manifestation of exotic audio systems galore, most uncomparable to my humble system, and very unfair. Yes, the name of this forum rings quite true!

You might be curious why I put "musically-tuned PC" in quotes. The reason is quite simple. If anyone were to embark on the quest for the Holy Grail (of reproduced music), there's got to be some starting point to it. I figured that it may as well be the PC, the source of music and where all the fabulous magic seems to happen. And while holding this single thought, many years seems to have flown by!

On the otherhand, perhaps it is a common excuse for the less-endowed, but some of you may already share my notion that at some point, the fruits of experience counts more than ownership, especially when it comes to equipment with exorbitant price tags in a field that is fast-changing. Please don't get me wrong here. I keep reminding myself this when I am about to go overboard, for the sake of not ruining a good hobby.

I admire those who can boldly share a creative thought to a problem. Of course this is more easily said than done, especially in an era when secrets, pending patents, and "for best interests" seem to be a game changing factor. Also, I am one of those who get easily bored, seeking for better sound even when it is already better, hence perhaps ownership is not in my nature afterall. Cheers!

P.S. Maybe too much claimed and revealed in one post?

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Welcome buddy, this is quite a confessional forum.
What we confess to is also what we argue about.
You've kicked off very well .

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Welcome! Can we consider you appreciate Béla Bartók compositions?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hello Bartok,
I like your nickname and his energetic music. You picked a good forum. Here you will find all the mysteries of audio reproduction solved...it's up to you to discern correctly. Take it from me...it's fun and challenging. Welcome!

Bartok

Aug 25, 2017
Hello Bartok,
I like your nickname and his energetic music. You picked a good forum. Here you will find all the mysteries of audio reproduction solved...it's up to you to discern correctly. Take it from me...it's fun and challenging. Welcome!

Thanks. I am already feeling comfortable. Just need to get things figured out.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Welcome to the forum, Bartok.

Am huge Béla Bartók fan.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Welcome to the forum, Bartok.

Am huge Béla Bartók fan.

I thought it was the musically tuned PC that drew you to this thread

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Thank you.
I've been lurking for one day, and just had to register.
This is a fascinating place on the Internet.
Nothing like this back home!

Welcome

Also a big Bartok fan

Hopefully you don't die in poverty

Also check out Bonzo75 thread zero distortion as he flits around the best music systems and equipment in Europe

Keda is the Paul Erdos of hifi lol ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Bartok!

I liked your opening post!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you!
BTW, how did you type o/e-acute? My keyboard doesn't seem to support these Hungarian characters.

Oh, I didn't type that, and wouldn't know how to do that either. I conveniently copied from Microstrip's post ;)

Bartok

Aug 25, 2017
Welcome

Also a big Bartok fan

Hopefully you don't die in poverty

Also check out Bonzo75 thread zero distortion as he flits around the best music systems and equipment in Europe

Keda is the Paul Erdos of hifi lol ;)

I see your point!
Actually I am more afraid of losing my hearing.
But then, Beethoven did his best work after going deaf (no offense intended, Ludwig).

I am also a fan of the French painter, Maurice de Vlaminck.
The two seems to share a somewhat common ground.
Hey, would it be a coincidence that they share simliar timelines?
Vlaminck (4 April 1876 – 11 October 1958)
Bartók (25 March 1881 – 26 September 1945)

KakaoTalk_20170826_145141899.jpg

KakaoTalk_20170826_145147133.jpg

As for starters getting leads, I am already feeling lucky. Surely will check it out. Thanks.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing