Shunyata Ground Cables

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Hello everyone. I am seeking information on the Shunyata Grounding cables that you would connect to the back of the Triton v3. I inquired on their website several days ago without any response so I thought I would see what the "body of knowledge" has to say. I contacted my dealer and wanted to buy a CGS-10 and was informed these are no longer available (although they are still on the Shunyata web site). He informed me they now have the venom, delta, alpha and sigma versions of the ground cables. I said Oh, ok can you tell me the differences between them -- No. Ok, so I searched their new 2017 cable guide and found only a reference to them in the phono cable section. No info on the web (anywhere).

So does anyone know the difference in the venom, delta, alpha and sigma ground cables? Which one of these would be closest to the now discontinued CGS-10? It is not as if this is a signal cable so I don't even understand why there would be various models. Don't we just need a shielded cable with low impedance? e.g. don't think you need the Zitron technology since we are only trying to sink noise so should I really care that the dielectric distorts the "signal".

Thanks,
Todd

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Wow, more than 160 views and not a peep. I guess nobody knows anything about the Shunyata Ground Cables.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Try sending the question to Grant Samuelson - grant (at) shunyata.com . He is very efficient, I usually get his answers the same day.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Wow, more than 160 views and not a peep. I guess nobody knows anything about the Shunyata Ground Cables.

Hi Todd,

My apologies for the delay. Normally, we get right back to folks via cservice@shunyata.com. Richard, who handles incoming questions was out of the office Thursday and Friday, so likely that explains the delay. I didn't see your question come up here because the threads can go back and forth and occasionally get put behind one another after posting. Regarding our web info; the new web just went live this morning and is being filled in as fast as we can get to the info.

The ground cables are simply-tiered according to our current lines. You would be fine choosing the Venom if that suits your budget. As you go up in price, the differences are mainly lowered inductance, improved connectivity--the benefits of lowered ground inductance may vary slightly from system to system but are generally noticeable and positive in terms of lower perceived noise. The top Sigma and Alpha models have solid-copper connectors for lower ground-impedance. These may not be huge differences overall, say compared with going up from Delta to Sigma in power cords, but in a high-end system they should be relevant enough to be appreciated. In your case, I'd recommend considering the Delta model given the fact you are using a Triton v3. If you e-mail me and let me know who you are working with, perhaps an evaluation could be arranged through your dealer so that a comparison could be made. In any case, the general info should be up on the new ground cables soon if its not there yet. There is a lot of new content and products populating our web over the next day or two.

I hope this helps.

Grant

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Grant,

Thanks for the reply. I understand people are busy.

I ordered a 5m Delta ground cable. I will see what kind of improvement I see with that and decide whether to upgrade this cable later. But I would guess that if I see improvement with the delta then it is going to get me 98% of the way there.

Can you comment on which of the cables (Venom, delta, alpha, sigma) would be equivalent to the CGS-10?

Thanks again.

GrantS

Industry Expert
Oct 23, 2013
Grant,

Thanks for the reply. I understand people are busy.

I ordered a 5m Delta ground cable. I will see what kind of improvement I see with that and decide whether to upgrade this cable later. But I would guess that if I see improvement with the delta then it is going to get me 98% of the way there.

Can you comment on which of the cables (Venom, delta, alpha, sigma) would be equivalent to the CGS-10?

Thanks again.

Hi,

The Delta would be superior to the CGS 10 --which is similar to the Venom model, due to its VTX conductor geometry and KPIP conditioning process.

I hope this is of some help.

Grant

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing