Porsche 911 R on the way

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I just destroyed a CLA 450 AMG that tried to taunt me into a race, wasn't even close... only up to ~55 mph though. I have a full Ti exhaust system that makes some beautiful noises when rev matching.

I hope you did. You should have. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a CLA 450 is not a real AMG. Unless it has 63 or 65 behind the nomenclature, then it's just a wannabe!!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a27994/mercedes-benz-c450-amg-quick-drive/

Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I hope you did. You should have. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a CLA 450 is not a real AMG. Unless it has 63 or 65 behind the nomenclature, then it's just a wannabe!!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a27994/mercedes-benz-c450-amg-quick-drive/

That's not the same car, the CLA450 is a 2L turbo. It does have a handbuilt engine, it's over 150 Hp short of the C63, but it's lighter. It's a very nice car, I'd trade my car for one, but real AMG, IDK. At low speeds it's more driver skill anyways... or was before they put launch/stability/traction control and automatic transmissions with automatic rev-matching on everything! ;)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Beautiful! Have a good time driving it today. :)

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Fantastic ride. I hope you drive the hell out of it. Too many garage queens.

Enjoy!

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
Purdy!! Sure a looker. Are you going to track it?

No specific plans to track now. I bought a second set of GT3 wheels that I am putting PS4S tires on. Initial drives will be heading out to long drives in eastern WA. Have a few buddies with GT3/RS cars and we will plan something. Will put the Cups back on next summer and see about track options then. Plan on driving 2500-3000 miles a year

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Looking fun indeed. Probably time to install that Waze app.

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
True dat. I strongly considered removing them and just buying a spare set to bring back to stock if I ever wanted to. But in person when you look at the car they really make sense and work with the nature of the car. Probably keeping them

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
True dat. I strongly considered removing them and just buying a spare set to bring back to stock if I ever wanted to. But in person when you look at the car they really make sense and work with the nature of the car. Probably keeping them

The car is beautiful, and I agree with you; in person and from a photograph are two things.
And like me you also "strongly considered removing them."

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
You could also have your calipers redone to match the green stripes. I never understood why Porsche didn't offer color options for their steel and pccb brake offerings.

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
You could also have your calipers redone to match the green stripes. I never understood why Porsche didn't offer color options for their steel and pccb brake offerings.

There is a PTS classic grey R with Orange stripes that had their calipers painted orange to match. Looked good but perhaps not my style. Much better than those who have painted wheels to match the stripes. I am going to keep stock for awhile and get a feel for the car then go from there

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing