My dad the original Sheldon Cooper

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Guys, I have all my dad's text books from college back in the fifties and I have no use for them and am about to donate them to the local library unless one of you guys has an affliction for these things I would really like to see them go to a good home.
I have about 4 boxes this size of these books. It pains me to get rid of them but I have absolutely no use for them they are all in great condition let me know you just have to pay for shipping because they are heavy.
And I guess I cannot attach pictures from my phone, I will add them when I get to a computer.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I can relate to that.

It took 10 years after my parents died for me to discard their college and professional school texts from the 1950s. I tried to donate them to a few libraries, but no one wanted them.

I kept their handwritten note books.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I have taken all the handwritten stuff out.
I did not expect the kids to be so instantly vocal about it.
Didn't know they cared that much about them.
Feels good, my back has different opinions about moving them around though.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
He was an Electrical Engineer for Hughes Aircraft his entire career.
So everything math to stupid levels/radar/microwave/digital/analog computers/physics.
There are some product/chip design portfolio and how proud they were to make it so small, LOL, they are the size of a hard drive.
He was one of the original designers on the AWACS project.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
My kids have lit me up for trying to donate them, I didn't know they cared and they want them, which is verfy cool!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
HiFi Guy, next thing you'll find is your kids don't want you to throw out your lps, 78s, 8-tracks, reels of tape and cassettes!
And don't forget those Laserdiscs and DiscoVision discs.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
HiFi Guy, next thing you'll find is your kids don't want you to throw out your lps, 78s, 8-tracks, reels of tape and cassettes!
And don't forget those Laserdiscs and DiscoVision discs.
Ha, out of that list all I have is Lp's and a couple cassettes. Never had any of the others. I do have a good amount of CD's though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing