Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zero Distortion: Dohmann Helix 1 with Schroeder CB + MSL, Kuzma 4p + GFS, TAD Ref One, VTL, MSB

Hi Spirit.

I hate screw down clamps ever since I owned a VPI TNT. The VPI record weight was a lot better. Couple that with the choice of the 3 small dampers, it made spinning records a bit of a pita. I understand the reasoning behind the 3 different dampers, however I own a record flattener so all my records are flat.

Cheers
    Source:TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Exclusive P3 & P10, Technics SL-1000MK3D, Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas, Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s, Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon DL-S1, ESC'd 103R, Audio Tech AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik/Thoress phono, Accuphase C-37, Esoteric E-03 EQ: ​​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: cj GAT, Amps: cj teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum Stereo, Speakers: Wilson Maxx3 -Townsend Supertweeters

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    XV, got that.
    Record clamps, weights, periphery rings, vacuum hold down.
    All have their place, but certainly add to pfaffing about.
    It's bad enough we have to waste valuable time cleaning records and stylus LOL.
    I believe the new Monaco 2.0, a SNIP at $38k has a "simpler" pressure LED system clamp that intelligently tells you how tight is tight enough.
    Not sure if it dispenses w the different size washers.

Name:  IMG_3677.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  1.12 MB
    Sorry in advance for the bad pic. This is my Artemis TL-1 12 inch( in Ebony) with the Lyra Atlas mounted on it. I'm VERY happy with this combination!

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Nice Harry, since you have shun mooks, have you tried the shun Mook clamp, or the Dalby clamp?
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    Another very interesting report, Kedar!
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000; tonearms: SME 3012R, Schröder LT; cartridges: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2, Air Tight Opus-1; tape: Studer A820 Mk II; phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: VTL TL-7.5 Series III; amplifier: VTL Siegfried Series II; loudspeaker: Gryphon Pendragon; cables: MasterBuilt Ultra; stands: Herzan + Taiko Tana + Evo LPS for Io, custom for turntable, Stacore Basic+ for amps; power: Benjamin Electric subpanel, JPS in-wall wire, Furutech NCF outlets, Torus AVR60BAL; room: 19' wide X 24' long X 14' tall; acoustic treatment: SoundSense A.T.I. + Lumitex drapes + Vibramat, ASC IsoThermal Tube Traps; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks, self-propelled sound-absorbing cocker-poo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234