Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do many Acousticians recommend absorption for non-bass freq: Valid OR prefer dead room & Dogma?

Addicted to Best!
    Here is a tip that always works to eliminate room resonance modes:

If you have a large enough room, aim the listener into a corner and rotate the speakers. This is the best way to deal with resonances. Sometimes in larger rooms at trade shows, the exhibitor will do this.

Steve N.
    Empirical Audio

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    caesar, The beauty of my plan for curtains on the rear wall and on the rear third of each side wall is that they can be bunched to one side and decommissioned for audio use and retained solely for aesthetic use to delineate a rectangular room. I even could put RPG Modfractals or SMT wings in front of the curtains, retaining my small aesthetic objective about a rectangular looking room. The curtains just give me flexibility for the future and an aesthetic result I know I want, if nothing else.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX UNIverse Premium X-SB2
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    caesar, The beauty of my plan for curtains on the rear wall and on the rear third of each side wall is that they can be bunched to one side and decommissioned for audio use and retained solely for aesthetic use to delineate a rectangular room. I even could put RPG Modfractals or SMT wings in front of the curtains, retaining my small aesthetic objective about a rectangular looking room. The curtains just give me flexibility for the future and an aesthetic result I know I want, if nothing else.
    I use some absorbers that are very aesthetic from GIK acoustics.

http://www.gikacoustics.com/product-category/artpanels/

You can hang these like pictures. I have a three-element version that is one big picture on my wall.

Steve N.
    Empirical Audio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123