Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kii Three Stereophile Review

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Bruce...any headway into the 300B solution? Perhaps a used Lampi Lite 7 with 300B may do the trick. Its not just a buffer, but actively a part of the amplification chain.
    There are 2 available on Audiogon now. One via the OP of this thread:
    https://www.audiogon.com/listings?se...er_category_id[]=37&filter_category_id[]=37&min_condition=1&max_condition=11&listing_types _auctions=1&listing_types_classifieds=1

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I'm going to try a tricked out 300B unity gain tube buffer from Purity Audio. It's only purpose is to add 300B sweetness to source chains. The chassis is on back order, so it'll likely be late next month.

If if it doesn't work for that purpose I'll add that unit to my DirecTV chain to sweeten TV.

If if I had a Lampi with balanced output I'd use that, but I don't.
    Last edited by Brucemck2; 08-22-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Preamps: ADA Reference (multichannel); VTL 7.5 II (two channel)
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

Switched from generic power cords to Shunyata Sigma. Really nice improvement; noticeably "smoother" and less "edgey".
    Digital: MSB Transport+ Platinum V DAC. Core Audio + MicroRendu streaming; Roon+HQP+FabFilter/Acourate; Trinnov (multichannel)
    Speakers: PRO Audio Technology 2115sm across fronts; 4x 18" PRO subs; 11.4 overall
    Room: Design by Dennis Erskine and Keith Yates. Extensive use of RPG custom bass traps
    Power: Richard Gray 20A UPS and isolation transformer. Triton/Typhon and Sound Application. Shunyata Sigma

Oh yeah power cords do make a significant difference on the Kiis! We've been using Kubala-Sosna Fascination on them, adds a bit more body and smooths things down a notch too!

cheers,
    alex
    Disclosure:
    Alma Music and Audio - San Diego, CA
    Air Tight - Aqua Hi-Fi - Audio Research - Audioquest - Audiopax - Auralic - Aurender - Bergmann - Brodmann - D'Agostino - darTZeel - Devialet - DEQX - ELAC - Evolution Acoustics - Hegel - iFi - Innuos - IsoTek - Kii Audio - Koetsu - Kubala Sosna - Kuzma - Larsen - MSB Technology - Music Hall - Ortofon - Roon - Solid Steel - Sound Galleries Music Server - Technics - Wharfedale - Wilson Audio - YG Acoustics
    [ http://almaaudio.com ]

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Bruce, how are you coping in Houston area right now?
    _____

The Kii Three speakers seem to be ideal for picking the good music recordings from the bad ones.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Bruce, how are you coping in Houston area right now?
    _____

The Kii Three speakers seem to be ideal for picking the good music recordings from the bad ones.
    Where I live it's been fine. Power flickered and surged which popped two fuses but otherwise no issues. Others were far less fortunate.

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear. Sorry for the others there.

Not good, but such is life.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    It's a disaster of grandiose proportions. I'm glad to hear that you are safe Bruce.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

Glad you're OK Bruce!

Addicted to Best! The Smokester's Avatar
    Has anyone here besides Kal heard the Kii Three and care to comment?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12