Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Who here is "Doomsday Prepping"?

Who has prepared a "bug-out bag"?

Who has a "bug-out vehicle"?

What preparations have you made?

For what, exactly, have you been preparing?

Thank you!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not quite doomsday but earthquake readiness is typical here in the Pacific Rim of Fire. Fresh water supply, medicine, bandages, disinfectants, flashlights that don't require batteries, that sort of thing. Pantries are usually adequately stocked for a month or so, so no weird food stash. Definitely no machetes, crossbows or other Zombie killers. LOL

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That seems prudent, Jack!

But no off-road capable mobile home with solar panels and on-board generator and a .50 BMG rifle in a turret which can deploy pontoons and an outboard motor and transform into a high-speed yacht? :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not yet LOL

At least we know if the roof comes down the new speakers will probably hold them up Hahahaha

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Does always making an extra big batch of pesto count as proper prepping for doomsday? Either way I don't think the Maggies would quite hold the roof up but then at least I'd be buried with my final destination speakers which would be some consolation tho I just realised that doomsday could mean no more roon or tidal so I'd better get my hard drive up to date.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I bought a new cartridge. Guess I wasted my $$ :rolleyes:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Maybe someday I will... too busy trying to prep for daily life now.

When I was in college sometimes I would go hangout with these guys at their shop. Pirate Pool is fun, where you set up half full of water beer cans in different patterns (some stacked), call your slices, and take a swing with a sword.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I have an emergency food stash that might last 45 days or so, otherwise no.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dave, what kind of foods are you able to keep prepared and stored for 45 days?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
For what events, exactly, are preppers preparing?

Social/civil unrest?

Natural disasters (earthquakes, floods) and power and gas outages?

Terrorism?

Military attack?

Food and water shortages?

Electro-magnetic pulse ("EMP") bombs?

(Feel free to send me a private message if you don't feel comfortable discussing these questions publicly.)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What other kinds of preparations do people here make?

Does anyone have a food and water and supplies-loaded SUV or off-road capable mobile home to make a run for it?

Do you have a natural gas or diesel powered generator to provide power to your home in case of an extended power outage?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Thank God I can cook...the pantry is full,the wine cellar is stocked,lex orendi lex credendi,and locked & loaded.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Dave, what kind of foods are you able to keep prepared and stored for 45 days?

It's a survival kit of various freeze dried foods packed in plastic buckets with inert gas to extend shelf life, I forget the brand but there are several options.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing