Audiophile fuses, I get it - but replacing ELEVEN in my preamp? Really?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, I'm taking the plunge on audiophile fuses.
I'm even sucking a lemon and going to experiment w orientation.
I need one each in my phono, cdp and Zu sub amps, two each in my monos, two at the IEC socket in my preamp psu.
A total of ten.
And if I go for the full complement of 500mA and 1A fuses on the preamp psu PCB, another...NINE!
So, I get the "need" for the initial ten, but are these nine on the pre PCB truly going to benefit from upgrading?
That's a Hell of a lot of fuses in total to change.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
A good move Marc.
I started with the power cables and Phonosophie Gold which regrettably are no longer availablr but are very good.
In their absence I have added some SR Red and Black to components again with success.
Will be very surprised if you don't reap rewards from the fuse journey.
ATB
Barry2013

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
No, I get that Barry.
My q is that I'm looking at a total of eleven in just one component, w only two at the IEC socket, the other nine in three groups on the PCB.
I'm skeptical these PCB fuses will benefit from upgrading, they're not exactly in the direct path of power entering the component.
And at £90 a throw, it's an expense I really need to justify.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I'm inclined to share your scepticism.
I know you have put a lot of effort into your mains supply but not sure where you currently are with audiophile fuses in the system as a whole. I would have thought the elements other than just the preamp would be a more cost effective upgrade but other members may well be able to comment and advise.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing