A Max from Germany intoduces himself !

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Hello everyone !

So my name is Max and im from Munich. Im under 20.

I have acquired the Hifi-Worm probably a year and a half ago. So here I'am. The person who infected me is a friend of my dad, who owns lots of ReVox and Studer gear. Listening to his Revox Scala 3.6s (http://www.abload.de/img/revoxscala60jg.jpg) got me hooked on HiFi.
My speaker setup isnt very glorious but its what i have. The speakers were owned by my late uncle and were in storage until i put them back into good use. The amp was just a buy that worked for me and I didnt know a lot and bought it because it got a few good reviews and didnt break the bank. Meanwhile I have bought a good headphone for listening to music on a higher quality level without a heavy investment (420€ Spent).

The last push was that I visited High End 2017 and got really hooked there. I really enjoyed Soulution Audios room and also Lansches 5.2 speakers. The small Magicos really impressed me aswell. As much as the very dynamic Blumenhofer Grand Gioia.
Lots of great stuff there !!!

Im now really into Hifi and after the long night reading sessions and saving some money im ready to upgrade my stytem step by step.
Next on the list is a propper DAC and AMP:
AMP:
https://www.abacus-electronics.de/produkte/verstarker/ampollo/ampollo.html?___SID=U

with a Mytek Brooklyn DAC.

I'm attached to the speakers so thats whats gonna last the longest and im gonna squeze every last ounce of potential out of them. Maybee in a few years I'll buy myself a completly new sytem.

My first Hobby ever was was modell railroading. In the last years I have also collected close to 30 HAG modell locomotives from the SBB (swiss railroad company) and lots (100+) of Märklin coches and wagons aswell.

My other hobby is Porsches and Mercedes Benz cars. At the moment I own a 2005 Porsche Cayenne S. But the car I love is the Porsche 964 from my dad :eek::p

A SERVUS from Munich

MAX

PS: Please exuse all my spelling/grammar mistakes

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Sawasdee Max,

964. Great looking car. Used to own one. The clutch is too hard for traffic driving though.

Kind regards,
Tang

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
The clutch is too hard for traffic driving though.
Yes thats true. My dad used to drive it everyday to work in the 90's. Now its just our weekend car.

You guys can park on the sidewalk in Munich? ;-)
According to the law it's illegal. But most of the people do it in munich, because it's a 10€ ticket. They get the tires of the right side up on the curb so their mirror/side of the car isnt in the street. On smaller streets without a center line you can park on one side of the street and the cars driving on this road must slalom around. I mostly use multi storey carparks for my car. Its to big for parellel parking in most streets.

Greetings
Max

Last edited:

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
I definitely will do that !
If you got more questions about Munich, I'll do my best to answer them
Max

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and welcome to the What's Best Forum sir!

Tom

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Max!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome aboard!

McLennan

May 19, 2015
Frankfurt/Germany
Welcome from another german enthusiast, happy owner of Ayre electronics, magico speakers, and, yes, a Porsche 964!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Welcome from another german enthusiast, happy owner of Ayre electronics, magico speakers, and, yes, a Porsche 964!

You two are killing me with these 964's...What a sweet car !

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Yes indeed it's a very sweet car...
Especially in a crazy colour :cool:
But its not that easy to maintain unless you fork over lots of money to the porsche service center...
But we have now found an independent porsche mechanic who is really good ;)
Because I havent got a car-lift so I can only do so much on a 964....

But the Cayenne S is much easy-er to live with and delivers 7/10 of the smiles ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing