STS Thorens (Greg Meltz)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I read that Thorens are restored by Simone Lucchetti for them and them resell.

Simone Lucchetti live in Rome and has one company,you can see www.audiosilente.com,where restored Thorens,Garrard,Lenco L,and produce a turntable and an arm the seems very good.
Also sell some accessories like Graphite,screw,part of arm Sme and Fidelity R,ecc,ecc

In Italy some send Thorens to him to restored

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Interesting, have you heard Simon's?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I knew him in Munich because was in the stand with his turntable together with VTL and Italian speaker Albedo and i had dinner with him,Luke Manley and Italian distributor.

Italian people say Simone is competent and honest,but i did nothing with him.

td19

Sep 29, 2017
I have one, refurbished by Greg, who does the refurbishing himself. I believe he may source some parts from Audio Silente. Greg does fine work, he is a craftsman!

IMG_8032.JPG

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Nice. What cart is that, and how did it compare to other TTs you had?

Also, did you try other arms?

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
It's a Dynavector 17D2 or 3 Ked, very short solid Diamond canti..

td19

Sep 29, 2017
Nice. What cart is that, and how did it compare to other TTs you had?

Also, did you try other arms?

Cartridge at the time of photo was Dynavector 17D2 as noted. Now it has a Denon DL-103R. The TD124 is certainly in the same class as my Garrard 301s and 401, but difficult to directly compare due to cartridge, arm and plinth differences.

So far I have not tried other arms. I have an Ortofon RS-212D and a spare armboard so I will probably try that next. I am not keen on the look of the armboard extending out beyond the plinth so will avoid another 12" arm ... the reason why the Kuzma was suitable was that it got around that problem, as well as being a very fine tonearm of course.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing