Toyota joins forces with Intel and five other companies to develop a self-driving car 'ecosystem'

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-Intel-create-self-driving-car-ecosystem.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/11/21/432D25FA00000578-4783240-Intel_and_Toyota_among_others_announced_today_they _have_joined_f-m-29_1502484389555.jpg

They aim to share data to create a self-driving car 'ecosystem' and boost the tech.
_____

* Toyota; local news (I don't know if any of you have ever heard of a similar story ... extremely frustrating):
? http://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...victoria-gets-key-help-from-hacker-1.21785198

It is amazing that in the year 2017 we are slave to our car keys. Way of speech. There should be an accommodation (a quick solution) for any car's owner who lost his keys. I know what you are going to say; he should have a spare master key in the locked glove compartment, inside the locked car.
But what if he doesn't? ...Wait two months and pay $5,000? ...Plus the costs to return home without his car.

Our cars are computers, some are self-driving cars, and more of them are aiming towards the future.
Are we going to see remote controlled hackers driving our cars out of our driveways and pouf into the night!?

Sure, in the 50s, 60s and 70s cars were much simpler for the drivers. Today they are simpler for the tech thieves. Lol
The computerized world has many advantages, but it also has disadvantages. It's the price to evolution.

Anyway, Elon Musk has some ideas ... :b ...And they are spreading around to other car manufacturers. Now, the key; that needs to be simpler and safer too.
? About a code you enter somewhere to get control of all your car's operational system? Just don't get a memory lapse.

_____

? And in regards to Elon Musk's ideas: Elon Musk issues a stark warning about A.I.

The guy is also a peacemaker with good common sense? ...You betcha...with an open vision towards a better future...like Stephen Hawking.
The robots we build with Artificial Intelligence; they can take over and enslave the human race.
The people who build them; they better be smart/peaceful people.

Anyway, because it just came up in the last few hours. ...And I wonder...what he thinks of 3D movies... :b
That would be cool to have him right here and ask him few questions.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing