LampizatOr Launch Event at Suncoast Audio

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
LampizatOr invites the audio community to join us as we formally launch the next chapter in musical reproduction, “The Pacific DAC.”

Bettering the best is no easy task, but through the hard work of our exceptional designer, Lukasz Fikus, a new statement piece has been born. We will also be debuting our SuperKomputer music server which we believe to be in a class of it's own.

Complimentary refreshments, mingling, and a Q&A session with Lukasz will also take place in what should be a heck of a day. Don’t miss this opportunity!

Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017
Time: 12:00pm - 4pm
Place: Suncoast Audio
7353 International Place
Unit 309
Sarasota, FL 34240

Please direct RSVPs to Mike B., our gracious host at: mike@suncoastaudio.com

We look forward to seeing you there!

Fred A.

North American Distributor for LampizatOr
http://www.lampizatorna.com
https://www.facebook.com/lampizatorna/

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is it true this will make GG look like a half-sized dwarf with its heat sink, power supply, the 4 additional valves in the power supply that will double dynamics and liquidity?

Have to stop myself. There is this analog I need to focus on.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Fred - do you have any picture of the Pacific yet?

Cheers

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Is it true this will make GG look like a half-sized dwarf with its heat sink, power supply, the 4 additional valves in the power supply that will double dynamics and liquidity?

Have to stop myself. There is this analog I need to focus on.

Interesting. Wonder how much it is?

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Lukasz told me about this new 'super dac' when he visited me about a month ago. When I asked him if it would (clearly) better the GG he started smiling and answered: I will let you be the judge. If I understood him correctly (original?) GG owners can trade in their dacs for the (original) price they paid if they decide to buy his new dac.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lukasz told me about this new 'super dac' when he visited me about a month ago. When I asked him if it would (clearly) better the GG he started smiling and answered: I will let you be the judge. If I understood him correctly (original?) GG owners can trade in their dacs for the (original) price they paid if they decide to buy his new dac.

Amazingly good way to treat customers.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There is going to be a GG2 between the GG and the Pacific which will be better and all old and new can be adapted to that. There will be special production of valves as well. If you see the difference between a normal 45 and the special 45, all these should add up to quite something

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The only really sensible option Lucasz has is to send me one for evaluation & What's Best review:D

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Thank you all for the interest, guys. I hope we get the chance to see some of you at this event.

I have heard a Pacific prototype. The design was almost complete save a few exciting changes, but the aesthetics had not been finalized yet (no pictures yet, sorry). I think it will cause quite a splash...

We are working on final pricing, but it is true we will be offering an introductory (probably first 6 months) 100% retail trade in value for Golden Gate and Golden Atlantic owners to experience this new marvel. This is a thank you for our customers who have invested in our flagships in the past. We will have more information on this shortly.

It is true the Golden Gate will enter a new generation as well. Gen 6 or GG2, however you wish to describe it. We will also work to ensure our Golden Gate customers are all taken care of. Pricing is not finalized, but our goal is to offer the full upgrade of everything a Golden Gate 2 would have vs any existing Golden Gate (even the earliest) for simply the retail price difference. The Golden Gate 2 will be a significant step forward.

Stay tuned, folks! Big things are coming!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For me, where i see a big benefit with the Pacific is that is has DSD/PCM auto detection and auto switching so no need to push a button to switch from one to another which makes for improving play lists

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
For me, where i see a big benefit with the Pacific is that is has DSD/PCM auto detection and auto switching so no need to push a button to switch from one to another which makes for improving play lists
The R2R GG already has that feature for about a year now.

The Pacific from what I hear is a complete redesign with lots more tubes in it and with much increased dynamics...this I need to hear, as the GG is already VERY dynamic with the right tubes.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Steve, that issue had gone off a while ago. Our R2R engine has no autoswitching between PCM and DSD. There is another separate DSD engine (which sounds even better) that has a switch.

This was a mild marketing/convenience benefit. The benefits for all models will be a much more improved chip, better circuitry, and for the Pacific the power supply and the heat sink (his magic has always been the power supply and the analog capture), the added 4 tubes in the power supply that are expected to add much more of everything, and all tubes are going to much improved. Knowing how much big 7 and GG benefited with tube upgrades, and how much better the special 45s were compared to normal 45s (which I cannot even listen to), these are the things that are way more exciting

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Norman,
Not only GG, mine B 7 too:)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Hi Steve, that issue had gone off a while ago. Our R2R engine has no autoswitching between PCM and DSD. There is another separate DSD engine (which sounds even better) that has a switch.

This was a mild marketing/convenience benefit. The benefits for all models will be a much more improved chip, better circuitry, and for the Pacific the power supply and the heat sink (his magic has always been the power supply and the analog capture), the added 4 tubes in the power supply that are expected to add much more of everything, and all tubes are going to much improved. Knowing how much big 7 and GG benefited with tube upgrades, and how much better the special 45s were compared to normal 45s (which I cannot even listen to), these are the things that are way more exciting

Oh, "our R2R engine", bonzo? So the engine is yours, thus Lampizator's? Joined the company then, uh? Nice...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Oh, "our R2R engine", bonzo? So the engine is yours, thus Lampizator's? Joined the company then, uh? Nice...

What a silly comment for someone still smarting from the fact that I prefer the Lampi to the MSB.

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA

Hi Bonzo,

I see you've finally decided to disclose that you're a member of the Lampizator team. Please add your industry affiliation to your signature section. Thanks!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Bonzo,

I see you've finally decided to disclose that you're a member of the Lampizator team. Please add your industry affiliation to your signature section. Thanks!

This is pretty silly. Our because I own it. Lol. You MSB fans should get a life.

It for the dac, lest you think the company

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing