DNM pre- and power amplifiers

Fidach Lad

Jun 24, 2015
Fidach
This is a small mfr located in Cambridgeshire, UK. They make some interesting equipment. Except for a couple of older reviews by Art Dudley, I can't find anything much about their equipment (SS pre- and power amps).

I'm fishing. Does anyone, here, own any DNM equipment, or has anyone heard it or heard about it, second-hand?

I've talked with a US dealer about DNM, but...you know. Getting to Cambridgeshire is not a problem and I have written the mfr (a few minutes ago).

Their webpage isn't much: http://www.dnm.co.uk/

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
I am sure there is a review of the series 3d - which is the current series.
I have heard various DNM's 3c Six series and an older one than that as well - they are exceptionally good IMHO - very high resolution and they sound very right. the interconnects and speaker cables are very good value for money. The phono section in the amps are very good too.
One problem is that they do like pretty sensitive speakers - I think Dennis Morecroft is a big fan of the old Rhedeko Speakers

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Very underrated no frills products--simple but deliver excellent sonics--Iv'e heard on numerous occasions and spoken with Dennis.

I recommend an audition at least--yes slightly more efficient Speakers would be an advantage though.

Alan Shaw (Harbeth) used them in Show demos.

BruceD

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The Resolution Audio Cantata amps were developed together with Dennis Morecroft and DNM technology. And being an American brand should be more easy to source for you than the British original.
I heard the Cantata 50 amp with the Cantata MC DAC and was surprised by the amp as it sounded very decent.

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
When I say that the DNM is high resolution the interesting thing is that they are not cold. It's a bit like a picture with all the details being filled out. Read DNMs' website and give him a call - very intelligent and decent man. He explains his theories very well and in a logical fashion.
Bear in mind that they are from a relatively unusual class of amplifier - low powered solid state - like lavardin, 47 labs, and Final. There is a great review in an old edition of HiFi Plus about these type of amps - try and find Roy Gregory on this forum - he may provide you with a copy of the article.
When I last heard them they sounded like they were indeed cut from the same cloth as my LAvardin IT.

Animalade72

Oct 21, 2019
Hi everyone,
hope you are still interested in hearing from DNM owners as I have been lucky enough to buy a pre/power set up and it is the finest audio I have ever heard. 87973965-F2F2-42A7-89F2-26C9579C7F0B.jpeg

Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing