New 3.7 at CES 2011

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes. Riveting words. And think that this speaker cost $5500. Some bookshelves cost $20,000 or more. And this is a floor standing full range ribbon speaker, capable of projecting a very tall, wide and deep soundstage, among others. At $5500.

Maggies playing these kind of music - Heavenly. :)

Some people will argue that a divorce lawyer will cost much more than $14500. A few good friends of mine dream about having Maggies, but their nightmare is that they bought them and wife is arriving home ...

There is one thing I am always reticent about the HP reviews - he is known to listen very loud. How do they sound at low volumes?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Some people will argue that a divorce lawyer will cost much more than $14500. A few good friends of mine dream about having Maggies, but their nightmare is that they bought them and wife is arriving home ...

There is one thing I am always reticent about the HP reviews - he is known to listen very loud. How do they sound at low volumes?

Personally, I don't like my Maggies at low volumes. Medium...not enough. They have to be loud for them to open up and bloom, and they will give you a huge 3D rectangular sound stage, without trying hard to be transparent as normal box speakers do, unless they are those boxes with great cabinet materials that runs in the 5 figure range. I do not play them VERY loud, because my amp is a bit limited as well at 120, and these Maggies are not that efficient either. At loud levels, my preamp volume control is at 12 o'clock with max at 1 o'clock - it's very satisfying at that point to me.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm looking forward to hearing the 3.7s at your place Jadis Hehehehehehe! SCRATCH THAT ITCH!!!!!!!!!!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm looking forward to hearing the 3.7s at your place Jadis Hehehehehehe! SCRATCH THAT ITCH!!!!!!!!!!

Jack,

Haha. When the opportunity knocks, we need to open the door. Open door policy, we call that. ;)

It would be exciting!. Hehehe...;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing