Tesla Model 3 | Tesla seeks $1.5 billion junk bonds issue to fund Model 3 production

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Try to understand the stock market with Tesla shares; it's all in the power of believing the unbelievable.
Convincing investors with the hype is an art that only few have mastered.
It's like living in denial, behind blindfolded windows, in silence, waiting for a miracle to fall from the sky.

We all made money in the stock market, lots of it, I did, and we all lost money too, I did, lots of it.
Tesla is not the rosy picture that Elon Musk painted, and yet the shares keep going up.
They do from beliefs, from the hype, and not from factual numbers.
That's the power of faith in a world descending into decadence.

It doesn't matter if solid gains aren't registered by the companies we invest in, and it doesn't matter if they aren't following the proper etiquette about the truth and a well conceived and proven product. What does is that the investors are making a profit and keep investing in the hype. That way the money keeps flowing and with it the belief of miracles.

? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...over-even-more-of-a-long-shot-as-model-3-lags

Some people get rich, the ones in contact with insiders, the smart guys.
Others lost much more than the t-shirt they were wearing, they lost the essence of the system we created.
It's a free world and we have the choice, the choice of our destiny on this planet for the short sojourn we were given from our parents and the ones preceding them. What we gain and lost we inject into our children's future.

The Model 3 is not what it was supposed to be.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Tech stocks keep going up, but Tesla with all its borrowed money is not joining the trend.
From November 2016 to September 2017 Tesla was up 122%. Now the good ride is over. Investors are going to wait for a low then buy more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/27/tesla-nears-bear-market-territory-and-it-could-get-a-lot-worse.html

"One of the main things that is affecting Tesla is what "most people don't realize. It's a highly rate-sensitive stock. A lot of growth is built on Tesla borrowing money, and if the cost of borrowing money continues to increase, then it's going to have real negative effects on the stock," Davitt said on "Trading Nation."

He said that using put options to hedge losses would be the best way to protect against a bigger drop. Options are "very inexpensive, and I mean that's the play in Tesla," specifically Davitt pointed to the January 325-puts. Tesla is set to report earnings next week and the options market is implying a 6 percent move in either direction.

"Whether you buy it or sell it, if it goes higher or lower, spend a little bit of money. Protect your downside and then you can continue to the upside," Davitt said."

___

And also directly related:
? https://cleantechnica.com/2017/10/27/tesla-model-3-owners-club-deep-dive-tesla-model-3-part-1/
___

* Bonus: https://futurism.com/elon-musks-idea-for-city-to-city-rockets-just-might-work/

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Try to understand the stock market with Tesla shares; it's all in the power of believing the unbelievable.
Convincing investors with the hype is an art that only few have mastered.
It's like living in denial, behind blindfolded windows, in silence, waiting for a miracle to fall from the sky.

We all made money in the stock market, lots of it, I did, and we all lost money too, I did, lots of it.
Tesla is not the rosy picture that Elon Musk painted, and yet the shares keep going up.
They do from beliefs, from the hype, and not from factual numbers.
That's the power of faith in a world descending into decadence.

It doesn't matter if solid gains aren't registered by the companies we invest in, and it doesn't matter if they aren't following the proper etiquette about the truth and a well conceived and proven product. What does is that the investors are making a profit and keep investing in the hype. That way the money keeps flowing and with it the belief of miracles.

? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...over-even-more-of-a-long-shot-as-model-3-lags

Some people get rich, the ones in contact with insiders, the smart guys.
Others lost much more than the t-shirt they were wearing, they lost the essence of the system we created.
It's a free world and we have the choice, the choice of our destiny on this planet for the short sojourn we were given from our parents and the ones preceding them. What we gain and lost we inject into our children's future.

The Model 3 is not what it was supposed to be.

I totally agree with your analysis. Tesla stock price is overpriced. But to be fair, Musk also said Tesla stock price is over valued. Tesla cars are great cars. But Musk really needs to deliver now. Stock price can’t be all be built on promise. Current stock price is built on the assumption that Tesla can build Model 3 in numbers. If he doesn’t sort out Model 3 production issue, the stock price is going to crash heavily.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I totally agree with your analysis. Tesla stock price is overpriced. But to be fair, Musk also said Tesla stock price is over valued. Tesla cars are great cars. But Musk really needs to deliver now. Stock price can’t be all be built on promise. Current stock price is built on the assumption that Tesla can build Model 3 in numbers. If he doesn’t sort out Model 3 production issue, the stock price is going to crash heavily.

Tesla is not just Teslamotors anymore. They have the largest LI battery plant in the world. They are doing battery power installations worldwide, including one at a hospital in Puerto Rico and power companies in CA. They are also Solar City, so they are installing solar cells. I believe they also have money invested in the Hyperloops. All of this will eventually pay off.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
This guy documents his Tesla car's quality problems for nearly a year:

https://jalopnik.com/this-guy-documents-nearly-a-year-of-quality-problems-wi-1819955046

The vast majority of his problems were aesthetic. The company does have problems getting alignment and fit and finish perfect. They will eventually master this.

I also had a side mirror that would not retract properly. They replaced it at the first service and its been perfect since. I also had a door that was mis-aligned. After talking with the service manager, he got it aligned perfectly for me. Now the car is perfect. No rattles, nothing falling off or badly mis-aligned. Sometimes it loses cell-access, but a reboot fixes that.

The service centers vary. I have heard that some in Europe are really bad. The one in Portland is quite good. It's all about the people that work there and their skill level.

I think this guy had unreasonable expectations, or just unlucky to have a poor service center. The car is a great value, albeit expensive. Its a joy to drive and I will never buy another gas car. I would like to also own a Model 3.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
I think this guy had unreasonable expectations, or just unlucky to have a poor service center. The car is a great value, albeit expensive. Its a joy to drive and I will never buy another gas car. I would like to also own a Model 3.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

I agree. I will never buy ICE car. EV is the future.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ah, Tesla's Model 3 production bottleneck is "now understood"; so production can finally resume soon:

° https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/1...-teslapanasonic-gigafactory-may-be-at-an-end/

Of course, it was the battery pack, being assembled manually.
It has to be build automatically, by robot machines.
It was so simple to figure out; no need to have too many employees, just get the job done with automatic machines.

Tesla shares should now start to rebound; you would think, right?
I think Panasonic might be into something here, with Elon...
___

Another link saying the same, with an executive from Panasonic; his positive comments, reassuring investors...all that new jazz:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-bottleneck-now-understood-production/
___

Extra: We have enough minerals to make new iPhones and Androids every year for say ... the next 300 years...maybe, or 3,000 years...perhaps? But to make electric cars we might have a short supply:

https://jalopnik.com/we-may-not-have-enough-minerals-to-even-meet-electric-c-1820008337

3,000 years from now cell phones won't be around anymore; heck, we might not even be around ourselves.

Our planet is challenging, the survival of humanity is challenging, life on Earth is challenging; like struggling to put food on the table from one paycheck to the next. ...Depending of where we live and our status.

I just don't know; NASA and the scientific community on global "power" through what affects us all they know better. They have to, that's their job. Or why bother and be concerned about the future, right; just live the moment and have fun. 300 years from now the generations of that time will forgive us and simply live the way we did, one day @ a time with whatever the kind of moving vehicles they will have then.

Is it too late to change, too late the reverse? The longer we are asking ourselves that question the more obvious the answer becomes evident; NO.
It's never too late; it's only when @ the precipice of extinction that we start to change.

You thought the answer was yes, right. We as a human race in the year 2017, on Halloween's day, we follow our destiny in strange directions; conflicted between science and the events happening in our lives.
...Between scientific facts and actual reality. The two meet in the middle, and the balance is in our hands, in the hands of common sense, of the people using it with good judgement.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Well, exactly what I predicted. You cannot hide behind the facts of the numbers, unless it is manipulated, pure fabrication.
And we all know the reality of the stock market, with the hype, the corruption, and the fake boosting based on vapor and leading to bubble's implosion.
Tesla is only hyper ventilating with the Model 3, that's all. Do you believe in tomorrow, even if you are living in the now?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...rterly-loss-ever/ar-AAukkV3?OCID=ansmsnnews11

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing