Tesla Model 3 | Tesla seeks $1.5 billion junk bonds issue to fund Model 3 production

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I don't know why; every day that I listen to new music I enjoy more and more...I feel more alive and it's the greatest feeling of them all, being touched by an angel...the power of emotional comfort. ...Relaxing.
___

Yesterday I've read an article, a wild article from a Tesla Model 3 car fan.
Briefly what he was saying is that no matter the production hiccups and money lost and the tax break gone, Tesla is and will always be a solid idea with proven built. Even if it takes 2-3 years for some customers who put an order and deposited their $1,000 towards the Model 3 to get it.
Elon Musk is solid, he knows how to sell his ideas.
Besides, electric cars are here to stay.

Today, an easier article to read:
https://blog.figma.com/what-teslas-model-3-ui-reveals-about-its-vision-for-the-future-eb01a75ae979

And this:
https://www.treehugger.com/cars/electric-cars-are-greener-gas-literally-everywhere.html

Within that link above there is another link of an article in the Financial Times, called: Electric cars’ green image blackens beneath the bonnet
By the way, I believe that it was last year that Mitsubishi tempered with their numbers for carbon emissions.
Or last year that it was discovered. Anyway, small is good, but you need big trucks to carry building materials.

* I can try to locate that wild article, but I remember it more as a wild defense against the problems with the Model 3 production line; it was too much, the guy was living on a cloud made of future dreams without touching the present moment.
But this guy's name sounds familiar:
https://www.teslarati.com/doug-demuro-tesla-model-3-review-coolest-car/

And this wild article:
http://www.thedrive.com/opinion/15838/the-truth-behind-doug-demuros-tesla-model-3-review

You've got to live now.
___

In Delhi, India, the air pollution is so bad right now that they don't live now.
The farmers are burning their fields to get ready for next year's crops; the biggest cause.
Cars they said amount for 20% of that pollution.
The visibility is like apocalypse, their lungs are like hell on fire and burning the oxygen.
In 2014 Delhi was the most polluted city on the planet, now it's @ number 14.
The city is in a bowl, without winds; dust keeps the particles stagnant, with nowhere to go but down.
This is not living, this is dying slowly.

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

These maps do not take into account all of the local solar that will be used to charge cars. Solar roof tiles will enable this. As much solar as there is in CA, it will really take off when roofs get replaced. Solar roofs can be installed anywhere the sun shines. Solar roof charges the Power Wall during the day. Power Wall charges the car at night. Nothing is more convenient or cheaper and 0 emissions. Elon has this covered.

Elon just installed a battery/solar array at a hospital in rural Puerto Rico. Now, they can be off the grid.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This is good news, about Puerto Rico.
___

"Better, new, fresh, and authentic are all in the mind of the beholder, and Tesla has already delivered everything a hungry public needs to put faith in the mythology. You can see it in peoples' faces when a Model X or 3 drive by. You can see it in the product plans of every other automaker on the planet.

The Model 3, both in design and marketing, is beyond genius. It is the car of the next twenty years. Make that fifty. It is the end of the beginning. Execution? I'm not a financial analyst, and don't pretend to be. Tesla’s future is theirs now to lose, and I’m rooting for them.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat, and keep it forever. It will be a future classic."

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Click ? This Weekend's NYT Magazine Is All About The Future Of Cars

"The package was unveiled yesterday, starting off with a deep dive on Tesla. Writer Jon Gertner got access inside of Tesla’s Gigafactory in Fremont, California, in addition to access to Tesla workers and executives. Going to the Gigafactory is about as crazy as you would expect.

Among the things discovered there: Tesla coffee."

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

This can and does happen with all kinds of commodities. Where do you draw the line? Copper mines? Plastics? How can Elon or even Apple police the entire planet for these abusers?

These African countries have no population control and extremely poor people still have 7 children. This is were they end-up.

I think it's up to the federal government to approve import companies and block those that violate basic human rights etc.. Every single company importing copper wire cannot be expected to do this. Another good reason why small government just does not work. The GOP has it all wrong.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I understand Steve. I simply brought another aspect to it, an important one for a lot of people. In Canada, Ontario, we have cobalt mines too.

But yes, I agree with you, the richest people get rich from the poorest people.
There is no human equality, no human respect, no value in the humanity, no peace, no heaven for everyone, no money reinvested into the people who make it happens, who help the rich to get richer...the hard workers, the labourers, the children...as young as four-years old!

This world is totally unbalanced, and extremely cruel. I could expand quite far on the very unfair health and wealth divides. If progress has to be executed with real benefits, it is not @ the expense of children suffering and dying of hard labour, of women working under abuse, of poor people being exploited and victims of the world's violators of human rights. We know who they are, and we know how nobody care.

Before reducing man-made CO2 into the atmosphere which is killing us all by poisoning our food, our water, our health, our planet's balanced climate, we should stop killing our children first, and stop all the abuse of power in the world. We should start working all together in a common peaceful goal. Then we can make more batteries for our electric cars.

Every single day people drive their Tesla cars they could be aware of where their battery is from. That's what I call to be conscientious and to protect our investments...the human race.

I know, this is not the way we live, unfortunately. Till we keep living on with that spirit we will never obtain true human evolution here on planet Earth...ever. If we are incapable to advance with intelligence and dignity, we are doomed...Artificial Intelligence will take care of their creators and screw everyone else.
It's a harsh way to put it, a social drama, a lack of resources sharing, an uncontrollable greed machine.

Elon Musk must know; he's a bright man with smart ideas and convincing power.
He diversifies his investments, our money, his world's workers...our children.

Stay tuned, everyday something new comes up. This time around I was interested by Tesla batteries using cobalt to make them going. I'm sharing the truth, the only thing that can make a difference for the better.

My computer has a feature that automatically assembles the latest news on the subjects of my interest and exploration. I think we all have that feature...for a faster way to learn the stuff we want to learn about.
We have access @ more music, more audio gear, more resolution, more international films, more OLED screens, more cars, more scientific knowledge, more everything. ...Including the good news to go along with the bad ones.

One of my audio dealers moved to Costa Rica with his wife and two young daughters about six-seven years ago. That's good news.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Tesla, and Mazda too, have big center display screens in their electric cars, and gas cars, respectively.
The Model S I believe has a 17" display, and the Model 3 a smaller 15" one ... my laptop's screen size.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/19/...ch-tablet-electric-vehicle-screendrive-review

Now Mazda is changing their tune, and for the better, in my honest opinion:
https://jalopnik.com/our-savior-mazda-thinks-big-screens-in-cars-is-bad-1820482407

And the 2017 MX-5 Miata below:

Both Mazda car interiors above don't do anything to me; I mentioned it in regards to huge tablets in Tesla cars, which I find objectionable. ...The reason why I brought up the latest Mazda article for their electric cars.

If I was driving a Tesla, I would probably remove the screen and replace it with a high end center speaker...for music and when I need some info...directions, voice activated comfort changes, etc.

You guys driving your Tesla, what do you think of that big screen; how often do you look @ it while driving, and what's the best use you get from it?

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I understand Steve. I simply brought another aspect to it, an important one for a lot of people. In Canada, Ontario, we have cobalt mines too.

But yes, I agree with you, the richest people get rich from the poorest people.
There is no human equality, no human respect, no value in the humanity, no peace, no heaven for everyone, no money reinvested into the people who make it happens, who help the rich to get richer...the hard workers, the labourers, the children...as young as four-years old!

This world is totally unbalanced, and extremely cruel. I could expand quite far on the very unfair health and wealth divides. If progress has to be executed with real benefits, it is not @ the expense of children suffering and dying of hard labour, of women working under abuse, of poor people being exploited and victims of the world's violators of human rights. We know who they are, and we know how nobody care.

Before reducing man-made CO2 into the atmosphere which is killing us all by poisoning our food, our water, our health, our planet's balanced climate, we should stop killing our children first, and stop all the abuse of power in the world. We should start working all together in a common peaceful goal. Then we can make more batteries for our electric cars.

Every single day people drive their Tesla cars they could be aware of where their battery is from. That's what I call to be conscientious and to protect our investments...the human race.

I know, this is not the way we live, unfortunately. Till we keep living on with that spirit we will never obtain true human evolution here on planet Earth...ever. If we are incapable to advance with intelligence and dignity, we are doomed...Artificial Intelligence will take care of their creators and screw everyone else.
It's a harsh way to put it, a social drama, a lack of resources sharing, an uncontrollable greed machine.

Elon Musk must know; he's a bright man with smart ideas and convincing power.
He diversifies his investments, our money, his world's workers...our children.

Stay tuned, everyday something new comes up. This time around I was interested by Tesla batteries using cobalt to make them going. I'm sharing the truth, the only thing that can make a difference for the better.

My computer has a feature that automatically assembles the latest news on the subjects of my interest and exploration. I think we all have that feature...for a faster way to learn the stuff we want to learn about.
We have access @ more music, more audio gear, more resolution, more international films, more OLED screens, more cars, more scientific knowledge, more everything. ...Including the good news to go along with the bad ones.

One of my audio dealers moved to Costa Rica with his wife and two young daughters about six-seven years ago. That's good news.

You are arguing that I should not buy a Tesla because it contains LI batteries? What about your cell-phone, your laptop? Stop buying them too?

What about the slavery in the diamond and copper mines? No buying a diamond for your fiancée?

Get real. It's up to the government to make sure these industries don't abuse workers, their government and our government. Not up to businesses IMO.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
You are arguing that I should not buy a Tesla because it contains LI batteries? What about your cell-phone, your laptop? Stop buying them too?

What about the slavery in the diamond and copper mines? No buying a diamond for your fiancée?

Get real. It's up to the government to make sure these industries don't abuse workers, their government and our government. Not up to businesses IMO.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
I

No, I am not arguing; I am communicating/discussing cobalt and its origin and use here. ...Just learning along the way, and sharing, and expressing my thoughts, and always with the highest respect. I didn't know that cobalt was mainly imported from Congo, and I didn't know how and who is extracting it. I even didn't know that we have cobalt in my own country...Ontario, Canada.

My Android phone is made in South Korea I believe...not 100% sure though.
My PC, laptop, tablet...South Korea too perhaps...or China. Samsung is South Korea for certain.

Our governments are governed by much higher people; there is nothing they can do but being governed by others...the money movers/shakers/controllers.
\ ...The true power, the protectors of their own vested interests.

Copper, a cobalt by-product, is used in audiophiles, wires: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt

"Today, some cobalt is produced specifically from various metallic-lustered ores, for example cobaltite (CoAsS), but the main source of the element is as a by-product of copper and nickel mining. The copper belt in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic and Zambia yields most of the cobalt mined worldwide.

Cobalt is primarily used in the preparation of magnetic, wear-resistant and high-strength alloys. The compounds, cobalt silicate and cobalt(II) aluminate (CoAl2O4, cobalt blue) give a distinctive deep blue color to glass, ceramics, inks, paints and varnishes. Cobalt occurs naturally as only one stable isotope, cobalt-59. Cobalt-60 is a commercially important radioisotope, used as a radioactive tracer and for the production of high energy gamma rays."

* Women love diamonds, and fur coats. Men love sushi, and women.
_____

The government, USA, they got rid of that $7,500 tax free incentive for Tesla buyers...a tough blow for the environment...IMO.

Elon Musk is talking about his ex-girlfriend, his ex-broken heart, and his future love...the search for a future woman partner...to share life and emotions with...good, he's human; of course he is.

Steve, it's better for the planet driving an EV than an ICE/nice car. ...For the CO2 thing. ...For our cities and our people.
And regarding diamonds and cobalt and other stuff ... Africa,

"particularly central Eastern Africa, is widely accepted as the place of origin of humans and the Hominidae clade (great apes), as evidenced by the discovery of the earliest hominids and their ancestors, as well as later ones that have been dated to around seven million years ago, including Sahelanthropus tchadensis, Australopithecus africanus, A. afarensis, Homo erectus, H. habilis and H. ergaster—with the earliest Homo sapiens (modern human) found in Ethiopia being dated to circa 200,000 years ago."

"The Democratic Republic of Congo is extremely rich in natural resources but has had political instability, a lack of infrastructure, issues with corruption and centuries of both commercial and colonial extraction and exploitation with little holistic development. Besides the capital Kinshasa, the two next largest cities Lubumbashi and Mbuji-Mayi are both mining communities. DR Congo's largest export is raw minerals, with China accepting over 50% of DRC's exports in 2012. As of 2016, DR Congo's level of human development is 176th out of 187 countries, according to the Human Development Index."

Zimbabwe is in the news recently; the wife's president...she's a "Gucci" shopper. I don't know if she likes diamonds too, or/and fur coats.
And they have elephants in Africa, and that too is in the news recently.

Tesla needs a factory in Africa, hiring the Africans, and spread the joy around to the children, working with people in improving human development with better government workers and leaders. ...A win-win for all. Better paid jobs in Africa, more/better batteries for America. More/better batteries mean more electric cars, less pollution, CO2 reduction, better healthy life, more happiness and better energy overall.

I was sad when Elon dissociated from the business entourage of the only guy not yet on board with the Paris Accord. I would have done the same.
Something has to rebound back on doing the right things. It's our planet all together, not some lunatics from outer space.
We live in a global world and everyone have human rights. ...Tesla Model 3 car drivers included.

What we teach our children @ school is who we are and what we build.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
$23,671

$23,671---the amount of money Tesla lost on each car they produced in Q3 of 2017.

I wonder what their 'break-even' production number might be? or even if there is such a number for them, considering their cost structure?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing