Tesla Model 3 | Tesla seeks $1.5 billion junk bonds issue to fund Model 3 production

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
If we listed the number of autos that crashed because they were using cruise control, it would take 10 pages to list them all. This is insignificant.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

You didn't just drink the kool-aid, you're IV'ing it!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This is insignificant.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

That is exactly what I said. But because it's a Tesla car it has to make the news.
That one was different because it was a police car, and the one before was an emergency vehicle, a fire truck. The Tesla data revealed that it was accelerating just before impact.

In other recent news the model 3 has improved its breaking distance by twenty feet; according to the latest testing...said Elon Musk. The goal is to satisfy Consumer Report and have a clean recommendation...for safety.
https://electrek.co/2018/05/30/tesl...ovements-new-test-ui-ride-comfort-road-noise/

* If our car's cruise control was a major issue for car accidents we would know, read about it, and all that jazz. I don't think it's an issue, not as the one we just saw with Tesla. It is a separate accident and it is fortunate that no one died. ...Same as the one that crashed in that fire truck, no one died.

Last edited:

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I just examined my first Model 3. Nice car, but the Frunk was out of alignment. I thought they had mastered the fit and finish...

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
for the lowest jitter

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I just examined my first Model 3. Nice car, but the Frunk was out of alignment. I thought they had mastered the fit and finish...

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
for the lowest jitter

Went back to the destination charger today that the Model3 was using yesterday. He broke off the charger cable connector head inside his car. Idiot did not know how to detach it. Now the whole cable assembly needs replacement at the charger. I don't know how he will charge his car now with that piece locked inside. Maybe he got stranded.

There are at least 3 ways to unlock the charger cable, the cable has a button, the car console can unlock it and I believe your cellphone can unlock it.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

Frunks are the hardest to get right.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Hardware and software.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have nothing against Elon Musk; he does what he has to do.
He's got an arsenal of projects going on; he's young and rich.
He has supporters, and enemies.
His car company has the best of the best name in the electric car business...Tesla.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/06/28/tesla-model-3-orders-cost-2500-more.html
___

___

Bonus: http://www.rewindandcapture.com/why-is-tesla-called-tesla/

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing