Question about Mcintosh MX406 Headunit

kg14

Aug 6, 2017
Hi:)

I need some help today, I own a Mcintosh MX406 and have been wishing to sell the Headunit but have some questions. Years ago I bought it from an auction hoping to use it.

It was a few years later I was told I needed a DC/DC converter from Clarion to power on the unit, I never bought it for $100 and now understand it's been discontinued:(

I've been looking for months hoping to get one and not spend $399 like the guy on EBay had.

Anyways I wanted to ask do I really need that DC/DC converter to power on the Head unit showing it working. I really want to sell the Headunit, but don't want to list it not working.

I only have the long harness and the Unit is perfect:)

Any help would be great

Thank you:cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing