Introduction

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
Gentlemen, I think there might have been a misunderstanding on the avatar. It's all good unless someone points out something specific and without question otherwise.

You have not violated any forum policy, dr k.

Gentlemen, let's carry on without the drama, shall we?

Tom

Thank you Tom. Appreciate the support.

Yes, I was thinking about the "Klingon" aluminum footers. I know Bob had those custom made by a guy in Florida. Can you point me in the right direction?

BTW, I have been working on a custom amp project with Bob for the past 5-6 years. It's based on his classic Silver Seven 4 chassis tube amp. It's different than the Silver Seven 700 on his website. It's 900 watt 4 chassis amp with the best parts I could come up with for the circuitry. The circuitry is different than the Silver Seven or Silver Seven 700. Bob has been custom tuning the amp to the ALS speakers. I guess it's an amp that will be with me until my last breath. I'll be posting that as well when I get my gallery up and running.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Old guy? Since when is 40 old? 13yo? Creepy? She's a 20 yo Asian pop music artist. And she's very conservative by western standards. How you can sexualize a dorky face photo of an adult music artist is beyond me. Please get your mind out of the gutter.

Just saying how it comes across, take it anyway you want.
david

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Just saying how it comes across, take it anyway you want.
david

Yeah, it's a bit weird, I agree, David.

Otherwise, nice room, dr k, with good looking acoustic treatment.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I know Bob had those custom made by a guy in Florida. Can you point me in the right direction?
PM sent with his contact information. Tell him I said "Hello".

BTW, nice amp project. Bob is a great guy! We'll be seeing him in September.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing