Introduction

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Looks 14 in these photos as well!!

I am REALLY old. I mean REALLY!!!!!!!!

You, I and the overall majority here are relatively old*, in the perspective you just put it, without a doubt.

Asian girls look younger in general, I agree. Just from Lisa's pictures, and of the three other girls in her band, I too would say between 13 and 15.
This is all relative.

When I first saw Dr. K's avatar and his first post and first picture of his rig, it slightly crossed my mind that she could be one of his daughters.
But I tried googling first, and I found out who she was; Lisa from the Black Pink's band: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pink

She's very pretty (20-years old), and she is not particularly my music genre (after watching some youtube videos), but that's ok, that's more than ok as a cool avatar with a special young cachet of innocence and peace. The system is well organized, peacefully, passionately and discretely emphasized. The overall effect is pleasant, thoughtful, original, ...I just like it all. This is all bonuses to us. ...It's the music that drives us, that makes our wheels turning. It's all electrifying.

If you observe carefully you can have a fair glimpse of the music genres that makes him orbiting around. I'd say some jazz, some classical chamber, some new age, etc.

* Between 40 and 80 (average 60).

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
Thanks. Back in the day, Pipedreams were out of my financial sphere. I'm driving my ALS with the Carver Cherry 180 tube amp, and they are very synergistic match as expected. This weekend I'm going to hook them up to my Reference Line 100 watt Class A solid state amp (remember those?).

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
Ha! Fooled ya. I wish more women were in this hobby. She's a member of a new girl group out of South Korea. They debuted a year ago and have become internationally popular.

Yes, I too love line sources. The ALS is different than all other line sources I know. It produces a huge soundstage but has very focused imaging like a 2-way monitor speaker. No more 6 feet wide vocals.

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
You, I and the overall majority here are relatively old*, in the perspective you just put it, without a doubt.

Asian girls look younger in general, I agree. Just from Lisa's pictures, and of the three other girls in her band, I too would say between 13 and 15.
This is all relative.

When I first saw Dr. K's avatar and his first post and first picture of his rig, it slightly crossed my mind that she could be one of his daughters.
But I tried googling first, and I found out who she was; Lisa from the Black Pink's band: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pink

She's very pretty (20-years old), and she is not particularly my music genre (after watching some youtube videos), but that's ok, that's more than ok as a cool avatar with a special young cachet of innocence and peace. The system is well organized, peacefully, passionately and discretely emphasized. The overall effect is pleasant, thoughtful, original, ...I just like it all. This is all bonuses to us. ...It's the music that drives us, that makes our wheels turning. It's all electrifying.

If you observe carefully you can have a fair glimpse of the music genres that makes him orbiting around. I'd say some jazz, some classical chamber, some new age, etc.

* Between 40 and 80 (average 60).

Are you a FBI profiler? Cuz you're damn close! I like almost all genre of music, including Asian pop.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Are you a FBI profiler? Cuz you're damn close! I like almost all genre of music, including Asian pop.

No, I'm just a French Canadian with various music taste like you. I'm not particularly fond of Pop, Rap, Hard Core Metal, Disco, ...that kind of stuff.
But I'm wide open with creativity and originality and dance music that is peaceful for the kids. ...Including us, of course.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

. . . . * Between 40 and 80 (average 60)

Relatively old???

I beg your pardon, we are in the second trimester of life.

0 - 33 first trimester
34-66 second trimester
67-100 third trimester

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Relatively old???

0 - 33 first trimester
34-66 second trimester
67-100 third trimester

Shorten the bake period to 90 years and maybe I can make it into that second trimester already.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
GaryProtein said:
Relatively old???

0 - 33 first trimester
34-66 second trimester
67-100 third trimester

The people lucky enough to hit the third tiers with all their parts intact can count their blessings day by day.

What is the life expectancy in the USA in 2017?

Life expectancy for males is 76.37 years.

So, the third and last tiers is roughly ten years, and not thirty-three years. :b ...Good luck Spider-Man! :D
_____

* Divide 76 by 3 and you have 25.33

1. 0 to 25.33
2. 25.33 to 50.66
3. 50.66 to 76.37

Anything above 76.37 is like to reborn again, starting all over @ zero. ;-)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, dr k. But I think the photo under your name is inappropriate.

There are plenty of girlie sites on the internet for old men. Please don't make WBF one of them!

How do you geezers ever expect to interest women who like music and, maybe, audio in our hobby -- and in WBF -- with gross and offensive posts and discussions like these?

Reactions: rubinken

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ron, I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't even want to think about it. Next time I won't ask about artists in people's avatar.
I am very surprised by your comments. We all know now who the young artist singer is.

Regards,

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello Dr. K and please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to the What's Best Forum! ;) We have a couple of members from down in your neck of the woods here. I am very familiar with most all of the components within your rig. Do you know if you have V1 or V2 of Bob's crossovers?

Also, if you are ever interested in custom granite footers for the speakers or custom aluminum footers with spikes for the speakers, I can lead you in the right direction. Congrat's on acquiring a bit of history within your rig. These will be Bob's last flagship speakers! I have a couple of buddies that own these speakers. Two down in Florida and one down in Atlanta. If you are ever around the NC/Tenn border in Sept, grab the bases and bring them up to Carverfest. Bob would be happy to sign them.

Tom

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
Welcome to WBF, dr k. But I think the photo under your name is inappropriate.

And Bob - geez! There are plenty of disgusting girlie sites on the internet for old men. Please don't make WBF one of them!

How do you geezers ever expect to interest women who like music and, maybe, audio in our hobby -- and in WBF -- with gross and offensive posts and discussions like these?!?!

Thank you for the welcome. The avatar is a 20 year old pop music artist in Asia. Have I violated a forum policy? If someone used Ariana Grande as an avatar, would that be inappropriate too? If I'm violating any forum policy, I'll be happy to change my avatar and apologize to you all.

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
I must admit that I also find an old guy behind what appears to be a thirteen old girl creepy, whoever she is.

david

Old guy? Since when is 40 old? 13yo? Creepy? She's a 20 yo Asian pop music artist. And she's very conservative by western standards. How you can sexualize a dorky face photo of an adult music artist is beyond me. Please get your mind out of the gutter.

Last edited:

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Relatively old???

0 - 33 first trimester
34-66 second trimester
67-100 third trimester

Then I am not part of the "we" group.

But if I have learned anything as I have aged, it is that age literally is just a number. You are as old as you choose to be and think you are. I live in an "over 55" community where most of the residents are well north of that. Lots of guys at or over 70 at the gym regularly, playing tennis, pickle ball, golf, running (not a lot of those), fast walking, etc. Sit on your butt all day listening to music (or anything else) and you won't enjoy aging.

Oops. Sorry for the OT rant.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Gentlemen, I think there might have been a misunderstanding on the avatar. It's all good unless someone points out something specific and without question otherwise.

You have not violated any forum policy, dr k.

Gentlemen, let's carry on without the drama, shall we?

Tom

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Welcome to the forum... you're room looks like a great getaway.

off topic — i wouldn't mind a rule that we post a picture of ourselves, in the event we cross paths at an audio store, audio show, etc. (said the guy with the cat avatar!) the internet already depersonalizes us all, why exacerbate that with photos of something other than ourselves?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing