Thread: Tesla solar and Powerwall to power audio system?

Tesla solar and Powerwall to power audio system?

Does anyone have any experience with this? One question I would have is how high quality is the inverter used, and/or is there one of higher quality which could be substituted if wanted. In any case, if there is enough peak current available this would be an intriguing way to potentially avoid the vagaries of utility company AC power.
    Oppo Modwright BDP-205 full mod
    Pass Labs INT-60
    Daedalus Audio Ulysses v.2
    Daedalus/Wywires and Acoustic Zen cables

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I have an audiophile friend with PV solar installed and 2 Powerwalls coming. But the Powerwalls are for backup/peaker power. I think it would still be tough to go entirely off the grid.

He has actually experienced more noise since PV solar was installed and believes it indeed to be inverter-related. He is working through the issue.

I'm the opposite - i have 11kwh of panels on the roof and 28kwh of Simpliphi batteries ( a version of lithium chemistry that cannot catch fire).

Since their installation my power is clean and my stereo sounds much better - no restrictions to dynamics - my inverter can put out peaks of 9kwh so no way is any amp going to chew through that much juice. Also, it gets very technical and over my head, but my solar guys can fine tune the frequency of the power coming into the house so that it sounds better through my stereo.

I did not notice any drop in SQ after I installed my 28 panel system. Although a couple points of note, one- I am never actually off the grid...as I either give the grid power or take from it. ( this is the typical way a system works without a storage battery) and two- my system employs micro inverters, which I think is the way most newer systems operate.

Tesla claims their Powerwall, when properly spec'ed, can power your whole home, so I would think one could set it up with one Powerwall dedicated to run one's audio system 24/7 or as much as one would want. Then a second one if desired to run the rest of the house.
    Oppo Modwright BDP-205 full mod
    Pass Labs INT-60
    Daedalus Audio Ulysses v.2
    Daedalus/Wywires and Acoustic Zen cables

I have solar powered (and grid powered when the sun dont shine) battery banks running thru a 6kva pure sine wave inverter powering my room. The batteries are just storage , key is the quality of the inverter .. pure sine wave is the way to go

I have set it up so it ALWAYS uses the battery bank to the inverter , so its Ac to DC to regenerated AC (I use 6 x 200ah deep cycle batteries)
    I did this cos of rolling blackouts and poor quality mains supply surges and brownouts
    I also have a few powerpoints in the room directly from the grid via my normal Distribution board so can compare the 2 power solutions...I must say , I can't hear a difference between them..the only bugbear is if your powerdraw is more than the inverters rating the system will trip..never happened to me so far and 6 kva is more than enough to run my system..you also need to be very careful as if the power via the mains fails or is shut off due to repairs etc , there will still be live circuits ...
    I use the same type of scheme for my laser cutters at work , on a bigger scale..this DID cure a lot of issues such as banding and other glitches.
    Roon/Tidal ..Squeezebox touch . DIRAC...Twin Devialet D Premier amps , Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits .. fully treated room