Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Shootout - Two of the Most Accurate and Well Reviewed Speakers Ever Made

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar

Thumbs up Speaker Shootout - Two of the Most Accurate and Well Reviewed Speakers Ever Made

Start here, or go to page 4

The thread is only less than four pages long (just over hundred posts: 106 @ this moment), and it's enough to be rewarding. Some of the posters need no introduction.
    Anyway, I know that all the highly calibrated high end audio members here will benefit from it, or I wouldn't even bother.

Have fun reading; it's reaffirming, just in line with who we are.
    _____

Post #99
    Post #100
    Last edited by NorthStar; 08-01-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

I've listened to both, excellent speakers. I settled on the little brother (Studio II's)
    Cheers - Dave

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Start here, or go to page 4

The thread is only less than four pages long (just over hundred posts: 106 @ this moment), and it's enough to be rewarding. Some of the posters need no introduction.
    Anyway, I know that all the highly calibrated high end audio members here will benefit from it, or I wouldn't even bother.

Have fun reading; it's reaffirming, just in line with who we are.
    _____

Post #99
    Post #100
    Neither of these bowled me over at shows when I heard 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    You need to install them in your own salon (living room) within your own walls to appreciate their accuracy. Shows are just for showing.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

That's because voltage distortion isn't what people really "hear" . Plus accurate is rarely the preference. People listen for pleasure, not matching graphs.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    You need to install them in your own salon (living room) within your own walls to appreciate their accuracy. Shows are just for showing.
    Why would I do that for these as opposed to others which have bowled me over at shows?

Why would I do that for these as opposed to others which have bowled me over at shows?
    I wasn't 100% serious. Maybe some speakers are better @ shows, maybe the ones that sound less than ideal perform better in private homes, maybe the ones that are attractively "sound" @ shows excel even better @ home, maybe the two speakers in question here are questionable in their overall performance, maybe the results don't reflect reality, maybe there are better and more affordable speakers, maybe the more elaborate speakers with years of scientific research are much much better, and cost much more too, or less, maybe life is non-stop playing music.

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't 100% serious. Maybe some speakers are better @ shows, maybe the ones that sound less than ideal perform better in private homes, maybe the ones that are attractively "sound" @ shows excel even better @ home, maybe the two speakers in question here are questionable in their overall performance, maybe the results don't reflect reality, maybe there are better and more affordable speakers, maybe the more elaborate speakers with years of scientific research are much much better, and cost much more too, or less, maybe life is non-stop playing music.
    Lotta maybes there. My point is if it does no impress at a show, it highly unlikely that I or most people would take things further unless there are other compelling reasons to do so.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    (...) Anyway, I know that all the highly calibrated high end audio members here will benefit from it, or I wouldn't even bother. (...)
    Sorry Bob, but IMHO it is essentially a remake of the classical blind versus sighted listening thread, with all the well worn-out arguments. It deals with preference established in conditions that are not used and not agreed by most audiophiles. Probably interesting for many people, but not my cup of tea.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

oh, now there's a real good place to evaluate speakers ..........
    Cheers - Dave

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast