Mysterious craters blowing out of Russia could mean trouble for the whole planet

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rsonalization_enabled:false&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Right from the bat: This is the Science & Technology forum section. I am interested by new discoveries on our planet and beyond (space).
I am here to learn, discuss the subject, to expand my intellect and knowledge. This time I am going to moderate my own thread.
That's all; I know we all understand, thank you.
_____

It's important for our future generations to explore, analyse, test, improve life and health. The Earth's exploration is part of it, and the planet's orbit and the other planets and the other galaxies and the universe. Telescope's developments, microscopes, scientific tools to analyse rock formations, soil compositions @ various levels of the Earth's crust, all that jazz...I am passionately and deeply interested, for the best of humanity, for the best home to our children's children.

I am all in for lively discussions because it's from the pros and cons we expand our brain and can make better analysis and decisions.
Lively but on track with positive contributions, and none of that political and religious crap. If you want to discuss politics and religions go on the internet's forums where there are plenty of sites to express your views on those subjects. Thank you.
_____

On a similar path into our future:
Earth likely to warm more than 2 degrees this century | July 31, 2017

Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, NASA, etc., are the type of people I'm interested to learn from, and not from religious and political leaders and their followers and cults.
Feel free to advance with your ideas and sharing of further information on this subject if you are truly interested in the positive evolution of better knowledge on world's exploration; our planet in the universe with all the changes that are affecting life as we know it, from a scientific exploration. ...& none of that bull caca from politics and religions and human exploitation (violence, trafficking and sex perversions).
_____

I said nothing before, now I am. I had a good thread on global warming till some folks degenerated it with their political and religious bull.
This time I am going to moderate it myself; I think it's good that the thread leader keeps it in check. That way it helps the entire community from the top calibrated people to the the most advanced thinkers of our times. You know what I mean because you are all from one group or another and between.
_____

By the way, for people living in these areas like me; stay in the shade with cold drinks, keep it cool: https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/record-heat-west-early-august-2017 :cool:

Have a great summer everyone, stay out of trouble (airports, political conventions, Ku-Koo-Klans meetings, CNN news, melting highways and rubber, traffic jams and exhaust fuel emissions). Go to the beach under a palm tree with a cold coconut and a cooler full of ice and martini, or go sailing with a roof (umbrella) above your head, or a large hat. Don't move too fast, let the breeze push your sail gently and peacefully. And if there is no wind swim underwater where the waters are cooler.

* It's very hot right now here today, 30° Celsius, and it's humid and there's no wind, and tomorrow till Friday it's going to get hotter and something else is coming up Wednesday...

I will keep this thread up-to-date with the Earth's atmosphere changes, and new discoveries. All positive discussions are welcome; anything else and it's a full free paid vacation on a remote island somewhere in one of the oceans from our globe, or into space in another galaxy flying free and gravitational-less ... :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-conditioning-is-broken-weather-service-says/
http://ens-newswire.com/2017/08/07/british-columbia-wildfires-force-thousands-to-flee/

Everything's just normal, following mother nature's regular wave. Are humans part of nature?
Anyway, it's going to be very expensive to fight with international firefighters from many other countries coming up to help.

If some buildings are going up in smoke because of no sprinklers and bad choice man-made exterior flammable padding (to save money and not lives), how can we defend our forests against fires in extreme hot and dry conditions, and without clouds of rain above?

Us, as humans, is there something we can do to better prepare ourselves and save homes, buildings and the people living in those homes and buildings?
How can we save the world from burning? That is an honest intelligent question. Anyone with global scientific ideas?

According to the stats (if you want to believe or not, whatever the reason; fake news, animal protection, oil exploration and exploitation, fracking, craters, eruptions, political and economic control, social studies, bla-bla-bla), ... "2016 was the warmest year on record, and 2015 and 2014 were the second and third warmest. Science is clear that as global temperatures rise, the incidence of extreme weather events is increasing.”

2017? We still have five months left to go. It was 36° Celsius (97.5° F) on my deck today, in the shade.
And guess which color is going to be the full moon tonight? ...Fire red.
I tell you this; every night looking @ the sky high I feel like watching Apocalypse Redux.
I just hope that the next meteor's shower is not man-made...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hmmm, interesting new development around ? USDA Emails Suggested Employees Not To Use 'Climate Change', But 'Weather Extremes'

As of today, courtesy of USDA NRCS from a recent memo deposited by the staff of POTUS.

"US agriculture agency tells staff not to mention climate change.
They're not changing the science, but it's still censorship."

_____

And this is just in, like in ... right now: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-trump-environment-climate-change-20170808-story.html

"In leaking a federal climate change report, scientists send a message to POTUS: Global warming is real."

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Today, August 11, 2017 | 2016 was hottest year on record, international report confirms

2016 Was the Hottest Year on Record

? http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/weath...-report-confirms/ar-AApPRiD?OCID=ansmsnnews11
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/2016-was-the-hottest-year-on-record/

Both NASA and NOAA declare that our planet is experiencing record-breaking warming for the third year in a row.
? https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/
_____

I was reading my newspaper this morning calmly on this summer morning sitting outside on my veranda and while sipping a coffee cup (Arabian).
The usual news was painted on the front page and inside, nothing unusual in this world we live in today.
I had to go in town @ the hardware store and pick up some few groceries.
But before I left, on the last page of the Science and Planet section, there was an article on 2016 being the hottest year in the history record book, now three years in a row...2014, 2015 and 2016.
Today is August 11, 2017 and we still have 4 months and three weeks to go before the year 2017 is over.

Then I drove to town, reflecting on the news today. And I was wondering/thinking if humans are participating in part to the warming of our planet.
And, furthermore, if that planet's warming is affecting the brain. ...Like if it gets the blood hotter inside the heads of people.

Of course there are no scientific studies that I am aware of on this biological/psychological subject.
The chemistry that composes the human brain and the effects of the temperature of the human body, blood pressure, hypertension, neurological center system, ...all that jazz; it might deserve serious consideration/cooling acclimatization? ...Say on human's behavior, spoken words, actions, interactions, escalations, ...brief on the boiling waters that 2017 is going to be even hotter than 2016?

Anyway, I was just reflecting a little, reading the news...
It's a nice day today, but still hazy from the forest fires burning over the sky of British Columbia and the West coast of USA.
It feels real humid too, the air is heavy, and when walking around, no matter where, in a parking lot of a hardware store, a grocery store, a forest trail, you can feel the heat coming down from the ground. Hey, in Florida they have a big hole that swallowed seven houses.

Russia has craters blowing out from the ground...you can see them from the pictures they took from planes flying above...
They have infrared instruments to see below ground's surface.

I got my tools from the hardware store and put the few grocery's items in the fridge.
...And I turned the fridge's temperature dial up to its maximum position, eleven (coldest).

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing