Ampex belts

Frank Allen

Jul 28, 2017
Have several Ampex reel to reel recorders, A-122, 960, and 601, does anybody know where I can get belts for these?? they go back to the late 50 s Thanks for any information.
Frank Axllen

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
If you check the recent Ampex list,there is a thread on this very subject.

Frank Allen

Jul 28, 2017
Rodger d, thank you for the reply, this is first day on this fourm, could you please tell me how to check the Ampex list ?? not very good at navigating this forum yet. appreciate the help.
Frank Allen

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Rodger d, thank you for the reply, this is first day on this fourm, could you please tell me how to check the Ampex list ?? not very good at navigating this forum yet. appreciate the help.
Frank Allen

Hello Frank,

I found this.....you will need the width,depth and pitch probably.

On Jul 17, 2017, at 7:46 PM, HSK2 via Ampex wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt-
>>
>> Thank you! I found what I need at McMaster-Carr. They offer custom belts
>> made to your exact length, with very good turn-around.
>>
>> I am aware of all of your other suggestions, and I too have made my own
>> rubber rollers, because necessity is the mother of invention!!
>>
>> Take care-
>>
>> Howard

https://www.mcmaster.com/#belts/=18p37cq

You can join the Ampex list @ this link and get regular updates via your email...once you do you can ask questions.....

http://recordist.com/ampex/

Good luck,

Roger

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing