Who is today the world's richest man, as compared to yesterday?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Interesting. The Bezos' started Amazon together, living in a community property state, so she could have taken half. Bill and Melinda live in the same state. They've stayed married but gave about the same amount ($36B) to the Gates Foundation. So both Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates ended up with almost exactly the same amount, just about tied for the #1 spot.

Actually, Putin may really be in the #1 spot. He didn't steal the wealth of Russia and give it to his buddies just to be a nice guy. He certainly owns some very significant share of each of those companies that were created from all of those multibillion dollar gifts. That is why he desperately wants the sanctions of the Magnitsky act lifted so that his assets which are frozen away in the US and other western countries will be available to him.

Larry

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
That's a lot of money for one man...one hundred, two hundred billion.
With all the richest people of the planet, all the kings and queens and princes and princesses, with all the gold, diamonds, oil, guns in the world we also have all the poorest people, without food, without water, without shelters, surrounded by wars, destroyed homes, misery and death.

The balance on our planet speaks volume about humanity's destiny.
Who lives and who dies is related to who's rich and who's poor.

Humans are considered part of an intelligent species?

Jeff Bezos was worth only $90 billion not that long ago, now almost $150 billion.

Putin who knows exactly; does he file his tax return every year? How many accountants from many departments have a glimpse @ some numbers, assets, bank accounts, toys, pieces of lands, tanks, subs, jets, ...?

Me I think music can help world's balance, and good common sense from people working together in a common interest; peace, respect, fairness, wealth sharing, honest companies, good human and nature health. We're working on it, every single day.

When I first came here (on Earth), I had no clue how that works; no one told me it would be a garden of fruits aplenty, grass soft as a bed of rose petals, fountains of joyful pure transparent water, air sweet as sugar cane and that you had to wear suntan lotion @ the beach. @ first I was kind of believing in all that stuff, but later on I was awakening to a shockwave coming up right my way. We all deal with what was offered to us, and we always get more than what we bargain for.

I could write a book but not now. I need more data. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Latest update ...
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/24/net-worths-of-richest-people-in-the-world-in-2010-and-now.html

1. Jeff Bezos
CEO of Amazon
2010 net worth: $12.3 billion
2019 net worth: $111.5 billion
How much richer: $99.2 billion

2. Bernard Arnault (and family)
Chairman and chief executive of French company LVMH, the world’s largest luxury goods conglomerate
2010 net worth: $27.5 billion
2019 net worth: $109.9 billion
How much richer: $82.4 billion

3. Bill Gates
Co-founder of Microsoft
2010 net worth: $53 billion
2019 net worth: $108.2 billion
How much richer: $55.2 billion

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing