Who is today the world's richest man, as compared to yesterday?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Jeff Bezos went to sleep yesterday a very rich man and woke up today the world’s richest

"After the market opened Thursday, Amazon shares rose more than 1% driving Bezos' net worth to $90.9 billion, compared to Gates' $90.7 billion. Gates was worth $90.8 billion while Bezos was at $89.9 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index."
_____

1. Jeff Bezos - - .. _ ? $90.9 billion
2. Bill Gates - - - - - ? $90.7 billion
3. Amancio Ortega .? $82.7 billion
4. Warren Buffett _ ? $74.5 billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg ? $70.5 billion

* https://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2...03433487-072717-BillionairesIndex-MOBILE2.png

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Ya but at least I can respect Bill Gates for not making his money from hiring an army of illegal aliens, charging them to cash their check, and for transportation to and fro work.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have no idea what it is like to work for Jeff and Bill, and about the expenses and bonuses. And I have no clue on who is in control of the laws regarding illegal aliens.
We live in a developed country with all the ramifications attached to business' expansions, jobs creation and with all the laws of the lands as written by the fathers of our legal institutions.

The stock market is not necessarily reflective of the economics of reality; it's a booster or breaker of finances depending of the people running them and of the circumstances.
We have some ideas of what's ruling the drive in people in general, and it's not to the benefit of the most in need.

Anyway, I just mentioned one of the stats that determines who's the richest man in the world (stock prices), according to some calculated transactions by some organisation(s).
But do we really know who's actually the richest? That, is a fair question and the answer might never be found. We don't know everything of what's going in the underworld.

We've heard about Steve Jobs in the past and how his products are developed and who is working on them and where and for how much (salaries), plus the working conditions.
He is not alone, I can name several people which are easy to find (every single day there are news about them), and who practice less than ideal businesses' operations (legal, salaries, work conditions, etc.).

To me, the richest man (financially relatively speaking) is the guy who walks to the banks, and within 24 hours walks out with the most amount of cash (suitcases full of dollar bills; US currency). If someone can come up with this, bravo! Because most banks just don't carry enough cash in their vaults.

But here's a question to all the members right here: What is the most cash you ever withdrew from a bank? ...And had in a suitcase(s)? ...And walked out with it/them? :b It's an open question, free to an open answer. It means nothing, because it is way way less than $90 billion.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have no idea what it is like to work for Jeff and Bill, and about the expenses and bonuses. And I have no clue on who is in control of the laws regarding illegal aliens.
We live in a developed country with all the ramifications attached to business' expansions, jobs creation and with all the laws of the lands as written by the fathers of our legal institutions.

The stock market is not necessarily reflective of the economics of reality; it's a booster or breaker of finances depending of the people running them and of the circumstances.
We have some ideas of what's ruling the drive in people in general, and it's not to the benefit of the most in need.

Anyway, I just mentioned one of criterias to determine who's the richest man in the world, according to some stats calculated by some organisation.
But do we really know who's actually the richest? That, is a fair question and the answer might never be found. We don't know everything of what's going in the world.

We've heard about Steve Jobs in the past and how his products are developed and who is working on them and where and for how much (salaries), plus the working conditions.
He is not alone, I can name several people which are easy to find (every single day there are news about them), and who practice less than ideal businesses' operations (legal, salaries, work conditions, etc.).

To me, the richest man (financially) is the guy who walks to the banks, and withing 24 hours walk out with the most amount of cash (suitcases full of dollar bills; US currency). If someone can come up with this, bravo! Because most banks just don't carry enough cash in their vaults.

But here's a question to all the members right here: What is the most cash you ever withdraw from a bank? ...And had in a suitcase(s)? ...And walked out with it/them? :b It's an open question, free to an open answer. It means nothing, because it is way way less than $90 billion.

An envelope. Not even a big one. LOL

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
For $90B you'd need more than a suitcase. In fact in case you're interested, if it were $10 bills here is the height of the stack

1800 KM

https://www.wyzant.com/resources/an...ters_assume_each_bill_is_0_2_milimeters_thick

So I guess if the stack were $100 bills the height would be 180 Km

In Canada @ one point they issued $1,000 bills. ...No more, I believe $100 bills are now the max.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bank-of-canada-kills-1000-bill-1.235393
In the US, did they use to have $10,000 bills?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_denominations_of_United_States_currency

* 3,600 kilometers of $5 bills is not realistic; you would need many many big trucks with 36 wheels on each truck...roughly 275,655 of those trucks. Suitcases don't need to apply here. :b
Our planet Earth is 38,000 km in circumference. In one dollar bills that would make almost half of its circumference. ...In quarters (coins)...that would weight...a lot.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . . But here's a question to all the members right here: What is the most cash you ever withdrew from a bank? ...And had in a suitcase(s)? ...And walked out with it/them? :b It's an open question, free to an open answer. It means nothing, because it is way way less than $90 billion.

$9999.

I didn't need a suitcase. 100 bills fits nicely in a pants pocket.

It's small potatoes compared to the big guys.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let me guess Gary, you were going to travel and decided you didn't want to have to tell customs you had 10 grand. LOL

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Is The Richest Person In The World -- Again

$$$ http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-net-worth-2017-10

Check this out:

"In the last year alone, Bezos made $19.3 billion.
That equals out to about $52 million per day, over $2 million per hour, and $36,000 a minute, or close to the average millennial salary.

According to Oxfam, an international network of organizations working to alleviate poverty, Bezos could become the world's first trillionaire in the next 25 years.
But first, he'll reach another milestone, reports CNBC: "Bezos could well be the first 12-digit man, worth $100 billion one day."

Back in January, Bezos reportedly dropped $23 million on a pair of mansions — formerly a textile museum — in DC's exclusive Kalorama neighborhood with plans to turn them into the largest single-family residence in DC with 27,000 square feet of living space.
The Obamas and Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner are neighbors."

Just read the link above for few more.

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The richest man is one who gets to smile and enjoy his hobby with family and friends without any back aches or health problems everyday. :D

Reactions: WeatherB

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Nice Tango, beautifully put and true. A life full of meaning, joy, good health and a legacy of great shared kindness with all. That would be rich beyond compare. Everything else is a pale reflection of purpose.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing