Is this guy an audiophile...he is certainly an audio reviewer.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
hey Art, get yourself a zero turn mower and you'll have more time to listen to music !

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
hey Art, get yourself a zero turn mower and you'll have more time to listen to music !

he should get this one, the Z121 48, it's so easy peasy and fast.

I love it.

2+ acres of grass, lots of curves and tight spots, back listening in 45 min to 1 hour......depending on how often I have to empty the bags.

I used to subscribe Art's Listener Magazine until it ceased in 2002, and always enjoyed his way of communicating, if not his audio viewpoint. at least he does not take himself too seriously. he gets himself twisted around cross ways sometimes, and I just move on until he comes back down to earth.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Yes, good question. If you like it, enjoy it is the most clear one to me; that I also like.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Which philosophies?

david

Older is usually better. Higher price does not guarantee better sound ( which I am generally in agreement with). Room correction is not of value to him, as it is apparently a band-aid to fix the piece in question--- and there are others if you watch the video. As Mike states above, he has a definite viewpoint, which one may or may not prescribe to. I did notice that at no point in the video did we get to listen to his system...hmmm.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Older is usually better. Higher price does not guarantee better sound ( which I am generally in agreement with). Room correction is not of value to him, as it is apparently a band-aid to fix the piece in question--- and there are others if you watch the video. As Mike states above, he has a definite viewpoint, which one may or may not prescribe to. I did notice that at no point in the video did we get to listen to his system...hmmm.

I watched the video just wondering what you picked up. I tend to agree with what you mentioned above just not the older is usually better and I don't think that's what he said either. He was talking about his particular speakers and why he chose them over modern ones. He's trying to explain the type of sound he prefers to people who have no experience with that kind of system yet criticize him for using it to review equipment with. There are a few of these videos out now with the reviewers introducing themselves and talking about their systems, I like them wether I agree with the POV or not. As far as hearing the system in the video, it doesn't really mean much.

david

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Overall he's a modest man with a modest system (nostalgia is part of it too) and with a sizeable record music collection.
He's also a nature/animal lover in addition to be an audiophile.
He has aspirations to live the high life with enough disposable income to hire someone else to cut his lawn. :b

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I just finished watching this very interesting video regarding the reviewer...Art Dudley. Shows some interesting insights and opinions. Some of which I agree with, most not so much.
Here's the link: https://www.stereophile.com/content/reviewer-video-profile-art-dudley
Worth while looking at the whole video, even though it is about 18 mins long. Do you agree with Art's philosophies?:confused:

Not much I don't agree with except I think those Altecs in a system that was engineered to be more neutral,the largest coloration would be his tube electronics,not the speakers.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
he should get this one, the Z121 48, it's so easy peasy and fast.

I love it.

2+ acres of grass, lots of curves and tight spots, back listening in 45 min to 1 hour......depending on how often I have to empty the bags.

I used to subscribe Art's Listener Magazine until it ceased in 2002, and always enjoyed his way of communicating, if not his audio viewpoint. at least he does not take himself too seriously. he gets himself twisted around cross ways sometimes, and I just move on until he comes back down to earth.

Love my Kubota as well Mike, i went from taking over an hour and a half to just one hour start to finish.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing