What happened to the One-Step Sunday At The Village Vanguard???

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Anyone heard anything? It disappeared from Mofi's site, MusicDirect's, Amazon's - Amazon actually cancelled my order today - and google no longer turns up anything relevant...

Thanks

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I think they sold out in preorders. I recieved my copy in June. Not sure if they processed all orders.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
These Ultradiscs sell out months before release not cheap but sounds excellent

The transparency and detail resolution here are absolutely spectacular. Astonishing, really, especially in terms of natural instrumental attack. This is after all a rhythmic power trio. No other version I've heard comes close to expressing the speed and precision of La Faro's playing—the clarity and finesse with which he attacks the strings. The same is true of how the mastering and one-step plating capture Evans'and Motian's playing.Assuming your system can do it, anyone who has been to the small basement venue that is The Village Vanguard will feel as if they are traveling through time and seeing into the space. I doubt Mobile Fidelity made a "killing" here, though they've produced a killer reissue!
Michael Fremer Sound 11/10 Music 11/10

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
This Bill Evans was so good I bought a second sealed copy on eBay for $265.00 (safe investment). I only bought one $99 copy when I originally ordered it. From here on out, I will be ordering the max (2 copies) of MoFi one-step releases. They are that good.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
This Bill Evans was so good I bought a second sealed copy on eBay for $265.00 (safe investment). I only bought one $99 copy when I originally ordered it. From here on out, I will be ordering the max (2 copies) of MoFi one-step releases. They are that good.

That's a smart idea. Looking at what the Santana 'Abraxas' is going for now, i only wish I had bought two at the launch. Although, the next reissue, Donald Fagen 'The night Fly' may not be so amazing...it is originally a digital recording ( I am passing on this one). Probably sold out by now anyhow.
These 'One Step's' make me question why anyone would still pay large $$ for the previous UHQR's. I know i certainly would not.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I passed on this one, as I already have the AP 45 of it, and I have the Tape Project 15ips, 1/4" of 'Waltz for Debbie'. I don't need more versions of that recording.

I do have 2 of the 'Abraxas'.

i'll buy the ones that are analog based where I don't have a 45 or tape or great OP already.

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
These Ultradiscs sell out months before release not cheap but sounds excellent

The transparency and detail resolution here are absolutely spectacular. Astonishing, really, especially in terms of natural instrumental attack. This is after all a rhythmic power trio. No other version I've heard comes close to expressing the speed and precision of La Faro's playing—the clarity and finesse with which he attacks the strings. The same is true of how the mastering and one-step plating capture Evans'and Motian's playing.Assuming your system can do it, anyone who has been to the small basement venue that is The Village Vanguard will feel as if they are traveling through time and seeing into the space. I doubt Mobile Fidelity made a "killing" here, though they've produced a killer reissue!
Michael Fremer Sound 11/10 Music 11/10
+1. Daytona600 nailed it. Got mine a few weeks ago.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing