Thread: What happened to the One-Step Sunday At The Village Vanguard???

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar

What happened to the One-Step Sunday At The Village Vanguard???

Anyone heard anything? It disappeared from Mofi's site, MusicDirect's, Amazon's - Amazon actually cancelled my order today - and google no longer turns up anything relevant...

Thanks
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Addicted to Best!
    I think they sold out in preorders. I recieved my copy in June. Not sure if they processed all orders.

Quote Originally Posted by dan31 View Post
    I think they sold out in preorders. I recieved my copy in June. Not sure if they processed all orders.
    I received mine about three weeks ago. Not opened yet as I am saving them for my new cartridge---now if I could just figure out what that will be??

These Ultradiscs sell out months before release not cheap but sounds excellent

The transparency and detail resolution here are absolutely spectacular. Astonishing, really, especially in terms of natural instrumental attack. This is after all a rhythmic power trio. No other version I've heard comes close to expressing the speed and precision of La Faro's playing—the clarity and finesse with which he attacks the strings. The same is true of how the mastering and one-step plating capture Evans'and Motian's playing.Assuming your system can do it, anyone who has been to the small basement venue that is The Village Vanguard will feel as if they are traveling through time and seeing into the space. I doubt Mobile Fidelity made a "killing" here, though they've produced a killer reissue!
    Michael Fremer Sound 11/10 Music 11/10
    Vertere MG-1 Magic Groove / Vertere SG-1HB Tonearm / Ortofon A95
    Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe - Active Sanders Sound 10c

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    This Bill Evans was so good I bought a second sealed copy on eBay for $265.00 (safe investment). I only bought one $99 copy when I originally ordered it. From here on out, I will be ordering the max (2 copies) of MoFi one-step releases. They are that good.
    Christian

System Gear

Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    This Bill Evans was so good I bought a second sealed copy on eBay for $265.00 (safe investment). I only bought one $99 copy when I originally ordered it. From here on out, I will be ordering the max (2 copies) of MoFi one-step releases. They are that good.

That's a smart idea. Looking at what the Santana 'Abraxas' is going for now, i only wish I had bought two at the launch. Although, the next reissue, Donald Fagen 'The night Fly' may not be so amazing...it is originally a digital recording ( I am passing on this one). Probably sold out by now anyhow.
    These 'One Step's' make me question why anyone would still pay large $$ for the previous UHQR's. I know i certainly would not.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Mike Lavigne's Avatar
    I passed on this one, as I already have the AP 45 of it, and I have the Tape Project 15ips, 1/4" of 'Waltz for Debbie'. I don't need more versions of that recording.

I do have 2 of the 'Abraxas'.

i'll buy the ones that are analog based where I don't have a 45 or tape or great OP already.
    Wave Kin. NVS tt, AS-2000 ord. (2) Durand Telos (1-Sapphire) arms, CA Gold Stat, Ort Anna carts, -2- Studer A-820 RTR (1/4" + 1/2").*MSB Select II dac w/33 Femto clock + mono powerbases, SGM serv + (2x) 30 tb NAS. *darT NHB-18NS w/2 phonos, King-Cello. *dart 458 mono blocks. EA MM7. *Equi=tech 10WQ, (10) Abso Fid PC & (2) Evo Acou PC. *Evo Acou 12' TRSC and 8m + 1.25m 'zeel' ic's, *Tripoint Troy Sig + Elite, Entreq Sil Tel + Pos, *Herzan TS-140 & TS-150, Wave Kin. A10 U8's + 2NS, Adona GTX.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    These Ultradiscs sell out months before release not cheap but sounds excellent

The transparency and detail resolution here are absolutely spectacular. Astonishing, really, especially in terms of natural instrumental attack. This is after all a rhythmic power trio. No other version I've heard comes close to expressing the speed and precision of La Faro's playing—the clarity and finesse with which he attacks the strings. The same is true of how the mastering and one-step plating capture Evans'and Motian's playing.Assuming your system can do it, anyone who has been to the small basement venue that is The Village Vanguard will feel as if they are traveling through time and seeing into the space. I doubt Mobile Fidelity made a "killing" here, though they've produced a killer reissue!
    Michael Fremer Sound 11/10 Music 11/10
    +1. Daytona600 nailed it. Got mine a few weeks ago.