R.I.P. Chester Bennington [Linkin Park]

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Very sad news,....a band that helped define a generation of music, spoke real issues through their music, etc...has lost their front-man to suicide.

Extremely tragic loss of a great and singularly unique talent in the music world and father of 6.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/watch-l...dgarden-frontman-chris-cornell-200444397.html

He leaves behind a family with 6-children, a band and fan-base that was shocked yesterday at the news that arrived on what would have been the 53rd
birthday of his friend Chris Cornell (Soundgarden) who left this world via suicide on May 18th.

RIP Chester...you should have stayed.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
This is extremely sad news indeed!:(:(
To be that depressed and down is so very terrible indeed...crazy that no one apparently noticed. Linkin Park are one of my favorite groups, I just hope that they can somehow continue making great music.
RIP Chester Bennington:(

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
This is extremely sad news indeed!:(:(
To be that depressed and down is so very sad indeed...crazy that no one apparently noticed. Linkin Park are one of my favorite groups, I just hope that they can somehow continue making greta music.
RIP Chester Bennington:(

Just crazy tragically sad.

I can't imagine anyone replacing Chester in LP. There are a lot of screamo alt-rock and nu-metal vocalists out there, but like Chris Cornell, I think Chester was in a class of one.

Been listening to "Given Up" and aside from the unbelievable seventeen second one-take scream in the breakdown, it's really difficult to not feel the full weight of the lyrics.

I'm my own worst enemy

I've given up
I'm sick of feeling
Is there nothing you can say?
Take this all away
I'm suffocating!
Tell me what the f*** is wrong with me

Put me out of my misery...

Man...

853guy

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
R.I.P. Chester

Their second album (remix) in hi-res multichannel is a real blast. Not for everyone, but when you feel the urge to lift up from your seat that's the ticket.
Yes, I love classical music first but in a good way I also like on occasion a youthful blast. ...Just to keep up with all the trends in audio/music/artists.
It's on DVD-Audio, and yes I have it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing