Thread: California Audio Show 2017

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)/Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] garylkoh's Avatar

California Audio Show 2017

The latest iteration of the CAAS will be held in the Hilton Oakland Airport next week - July 28th to 30th. We will again have a large room, and this time we will have the first commercially released pair of Genesis Maestro in the USA. We are going to be running them with the Viva Aurora monoblock power amps (3 x 845 + 211) for some SET loving.

Any WBF members going to be there? I hope to meet you in Boardroom 1.

Name:  Maestro web.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  223.6 KB

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)/Member Sponsor [Technical Expert] garylkoh's Avatar
    Another treat - a never-before opportunity to listen to a lacquer cut from a direct-to-disc session in Bernie Grundman's studio of.......

Name:  Four Seasons cover LoRez.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  357.5 KB

I didn't even know they resurrected the CAS! I will attend if I can, Friday if jury duty doesn't interfere.

I always liked this show because it doesn't overwhelm, but there is a reasonable selection of audiophile items to hear *and LOCAL!*.

I was under the impression that the (two) SoCal shows killed it.
    SME 30/2 Turntable, Da Vinci Grandezza Tonearm, Benz MC-3 Cartridge, Allnic HT 3000 head amp, Allnic H-3000 Phono, Allnic L 5000 preamp, Accuphase F 25, Analysis Audio Epsilon Speaker/foil tweeters in four way active crossover Amplification: Sony TAN 8550 VFET amp (26 DHT preamp driver)350-7000hz, Yamaha B-2 VFET amplifier (26 DHT preamp driver)80-350hz , 45 SET tube amp 7000Hz to infinity Hz, Yamaha RX Z9 plus Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 preamp processor 9.4 surround sound.

Three friends and I are going up Friday. It's always a great show.Very laid back and friendly.

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    I hope to meet everyone there.
    Carolyn "The sister" Koh
    COO, Genesis Advanced Technologies, Inc.
    Genesis Advanced Technologies
    Absolute Fidelity Cables

Quote Originally Posted by cjfrbw View Post
    I didn't even know they resurrected the CAS! I will attend if I can, Friday if jury duty doesn't interfere.

I always liked this show because it doesn't overwhelm, but there is a reasonable selection of audiophile items to hear *and LOCAL!*.

I was under the impression that the (two) SoCal shows killed it.
    Look forward to sharing music with you again!

The CAAS will always have it's own audience. I like doing this show as it's laid back and friendly.

Gary, you always have the most amazing collection of vinyl. Top notch taste and hardware/software. I'll try to make it if WAF and jury duty don't whip me away.
    SME 30/2 Turntable, Da Vinci Grandezza Tonearm, Benz MC-3 Cartridge, Allnic HT 3000 head amp, Allnic H-3000 Phono, Allnic L 5000 preamp, Accuphase F 25, Analysis Audio Epsilon Speaker/foil tweeters in four way active crossover Amplification: Sony TAN 8550 VFET amp (26 DHT preamp driver)350-7000hz, Yamaha B-2 VFET amplifier (26 DHT preamp driver)80-350hz , 45 SET tube amp 7000Hz to infinity Hz, Yamaha RX Z9 plus Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 preamp processor 9.4 surround sound.