Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Some Important News From Steve and Ron

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course

Post Some Important News From Steve and Ron

Dear Members,

We want to let you know in advance that we have decided to contact high-end manufacturers, whose products we use ourselves and believe in, to subscribe for banner advertisements on the WBF website. The small revenue from these ads will allow us to defray the costs of attending audio shows and of operating WBF. Also, we hope this will allow us to avoid asking for periodic donations via the "donate" tab.

We are on the site many hours a day, and we, personally, do not want to wade through a blizzard of ads anymore than you do. We are going to be circumspect about the number of ads we sell and the quality of the companies who advertise.

Please do not hesitate to post or to ask us privately any questions you may have. Thank you in advance for your understanding. We intend to roll out these banner ads slowly over the next few weeks and will continue going forward.

With warmest regards,

Steve and Ron
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    Dear Members,

We want to let you know in advance that we have decided to contact high-end manufacturers, whose products we use ourselves and believe in, to subscribe for banner advertisements on the WBF website. The small revenue from these ads will allow us to defray the costs of attending audio shows and of operating WBF. Also, we hope this will allow us to avoid asking for periodic donations via the "donate" tab.

We are on the site many hours a day, and we, personally, do not want to wade through a blizzard of ads anymore than you do. We are going to be circumspect about the number of ads we sell and the quality of the companies who advertise.

Please do not hesitate to post or to ask us privately any questions you may have. Thank you in advance for your understanding. We intend to roll out these banner ads slowly over the next few weeks and will continue going forward.

With warmest regards,

Steve and Ron
    Good idea and maybe even long overdo. I know you needed some level of critical mass to interest the audio companies and I'm sure, by now, that must have occurred.

FWIW, "the in advance" part didn't work as I already see this ad:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 1.41.17 PM.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  34.5 KB
    “Audio as a hobby is dying, largely by its own hand. As far as the real world is concerned, high-end audio lost its credibility during the 1980s, when it flatly refused to submit to the kind of basic honesty controls (double-blind testing, for example) that had legitimized every other serious scientific endeavor since Pascal. [This refusal] is a source of endless derisive amusement among rational people and of perpetual embarrassment for me” - Gordon Holt

It's all good Chuck

Ads will be slowly rolled out as art work becomes available
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

I always thought a banner would be appropriate. Although I might have put it at they very top. Either way I'd require a little better resolution than the current one.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    I always thought a banner would be appropriate. Although I might have put it at they very top. Either way I'd require a little better resolution than the current one.
    We'd have wanted a few things as well but as we learned along the way vBulletin app clearly defines banner size and resolution for each size a well as where each size can appear. It's not a perfect world.
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Nice to see Kevin Hayes Valve Amplification Company represented here. Great idea.
    Speakers: ParAcas Satellites ParAcas Dual 16 subwoofer Velodyne FSR18 Fulton Little Maestros Mission speakers
    Electronics: Agtron Platinum Mono Blocks Accuphase C200 preamp Accuphase P300 amplifer Parasound amplifier ParAcas Sierra electronic crossover
    Digital: Monarchy NM24 DAC Sony DVD Transport
    Tuner: McIntosh MR78
    Cables: NBS Statement,Pro,Master Cables, Nirvana Digital SPDIF Cable
    Turntable: Linn LP12 Technics 1200
    RTR: Ampex 350,351,440BC,MR70
    Studer C37 60hz,Crown 2-844,824

Is it possible to distribute them so that there are not multiples together at the top of the page? What if you get more? Content is pushed off the page.
    http://forum.stereophile.com/category/music-round/

I was thinking a rotation every so many seconds, for one banner space. On my phone its a bit of a scroll each time.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Quote Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
    Is it possible to distribute them so that there are not multiples together at the top of the page? What if you get more? Content is pushed off the page.
    +1 ... From the Club at the Ivy , it suddenly looks like Vegas ! .
    "It is music coming from another world, it is coming from eternity." ... HVK

I'm cool with the idea of a banner, but multiples together I'd hate to see the site become like 6moons. A rotating banner at the top, OK. I just visited and see 4 of them together, too much IMHO.
    —Bob Vineyard, aka bobvin

My system: Benz LPS, Einstein Turntables' Choice phono-pre (dual mono version), AMG v12 turntable, dCS Rossini DAC, Audio Research Ref10 pre, Audio Research Ref75 amp w.KT150 tubes, Wilson Alexia speakers. Transparent Ref MM2 & Gen5 signal cables, Shunyata Zitron Sigma, AlphaNR, Python, Anaconda, Cobra power cables. Shunyata Hydra Triton v3. Stillpoints. HRS. Acoustic environment optimized by Dr. Bonnie Schnitta of SoundSense.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast